Is anyon familiar with Pet Naturals of Vermont Urinary Tract Support for Cats?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The problem with sprinkling it on dry is it won't stick to it. If she licks the bowl clean.... maybe if you feed her kibble to her crumbled up so she has to lick the crumbs up?
Yeah...I'll have to try the wet and put it in just the right spot she wants to eat....

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Does she like chicken babyfood? :dk: Yogurt? Because the amount you'd need to get 200mg into the food is so small, maybe try something other than cat foods that she gets finicky about, because you'd only need her to eat like... 1/4 - 1/2 a teaspoon of whatever food you hide it in. :nod:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I haven't tried either yogurt or baby food, but I will.  I'm just doubting that she will eat it, she doesn't seem interested in people food.  Sometimes if I position the part I want her to eat just right and cover it with a bit of gravy she'll eat it.  I still haven't gotten the shipment yet, so haven't had a chance to experiment.  We have an appointment with the vet next Wednesday to get her urine checked again, so I will discuss all this with her as well.  I have no trouble getting the Methigel on her paws, but she hates it and she is stressed about it, and aside from hating to see her that way, I think stress can cause crystals as well.  So, hopefully this methigel has worked and we'll go from there.

catmum

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat recently had surgery to remove bladder stone too big to pass.  Very expensive & traumatic for both of us. The Purina  RX st/ox food vet precribed had such inferior ingredients I couldn't give it to  her.  Read info from Lisa Pierson,vet .She has good info on diet. I am trying to switch from dry ( Before Grain-very good food) food to quality canned with some success.  Dr. Pierson has goodtips on doing this. That said, I have purchased a ceramic cat fountain ( pricey but doesn't get slimy) to encourage drinking. Giving broths too. I am giving her Vermont Naturals UT support that has glucosamine (to reduce inflammation) D=Mannose (cranberry product) bromlain( anti inflammatory) & cranberry. I don't know if it is helping but her urine is clear and she really likes them. You can test sp. gravity by sliding a tablespoon under cat while she is in litter box.(pretty easy) and using a tester you can buy. Check out Dr. Pierson and links. Main thing is wet food, meat, nofish, grain,ect. Recurrent episodes can be triggered by stress so I have also been using Feliway plug ins and occaisional Vermont natural calming chewables.