Is all seafood bad?

red dog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

This is a good rundown of the specific problems with fish: http://www.littlebigcat.com/nutrition/why-fish-is-dangerous-for-cats/

So, shrimp and shellfish are exposed to and ingest toxins and pollutants, the levels depending on where they were harvested. I think they still would not be good to feed to as a substantial portion of their food. However, the farther down the food chain an aquatic animal is, the lower the level of toxins, so presumably filter feeders would be better than whitefish, which are large and much higher up the food chain.
Thanks for the link!

red dog

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Despite the warnings, cautions and all the evidence, it seems that some people are still "gonna do what they're gonna do"..........no matter what!

So, fwiw...but, hoping that someone will heed he message:  Dr. Karen Becker Waives the Red Flag Again
 Thanks for the info!

I'd say Soulistic's Double Happiness Tuna & Crab is addictive or seems so. I noticed that both cats picked at their food today after having the Soulistic yesterday, both usually are good eaters. After reading about seafood and cats, they won't be having any, anytime soon.

Last edited:

juleska

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise

Despite the warnings, cautions and all the evidence, it seems that some people are still "gonna do what they're gonna do"..........no matter what!

So, fwiw...but, hoping that someone will heed he message:  Dr. Karen Becker Waives the Red Flag Again
As I've said....I'm aware of the risks and the warnings. I've discussed this with my vet. I have monitored her reactions like a hawk. I tried literally every brand of wet food available for purchase in Kuwait, and every single one tears her stomach up. I tried a variety of different meats and she either doesn't touch them at all or barely nibbles. If you have other suggestions I'm all ears. I can't get a lot of specialty products you can get in the US, so if there is to be a solution it'll have to be homemade food.

21rouge

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
PRIMAL freeze dried is a staple of our cats' diets.

One of the flavours we use is "Chicken and Salmon". Given that one of our cats is sensitive to anything beef we cant be too choosy re flavours when rotating through cat food flavours :(.