Irresponsible pet owners

mingking

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I sometimes think people should have to pass a test about the right way to care for and treat an animal before they're allowed to have one. Sadly, given some of what I've seen, that still might not make a difference. At least nutrition and feeding should be compulsory knowledge. Far too 'nanny state' I know, but there are thousands, if not millions, of animals that would be grateful for it.

Also maybe animal/pet nutrition needs to be a more studied area AND be able to educate the popular mass. I thought I was educated enough the first month before I adopted my cat. It wasn't until I went into a pet store, looked at their food options, that I realized just how much I DIDN'T know. I'm glad I was being extra paranoid at the time about wanting the best for my soon-to-be cat. It made me realize how poorly I treated my pet fish... even though it lived for 5 years, I really didn't give it a comfortable life... *sigh*

(Yes! Even fish are important!!!)

Last edited:

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Fish are definitely important too :lol3: I had a housemate who was obsessed with them - she now has several giant tanks (I've lost track of exactly how many).

It's not even that in depth nutrition needs to be known - just a basic grounding would make millions of animal's lives infinitely better (and probably healthier too).