Iron Frittatina: New In Town

Rohan

dad
Kitten
Purraise
Hi, I’m Mack, I recently moved to Naples, Italy, with my wife who’s a local. We adopted a Persian/European shorthair mix from a lady who couldn’t keep the kittens of her cats’ first litter. Iron Frittatina, IF for short, will be 5 months on Dec 14 and they’re the cutest, most cuddly baby I’ve ever seen. Growin up I had lots of pets, from many German Shepherds to buns to parakeets, hamsters, fish and a snake, but I’d never had a cat nor rly interacted w one before, because my dad has an acute phobia. It’s also my wife’s first pet.
we adopted IF two months ago, they’ve been vaxd twice and have an appointment for neutering on the 20th.
IF is rly friendly, they’re always followin us around, and they love being held, sleeping under the covers w us, bein w us in general, but mainly waking me up to get me to play w them for hours. Their favorite game is fetch, which is great for me bc I don’t even have to get off the bed when they’re up for fetch. Other than that, they like hiding behind the curtains and attackin the passin toy mouse (Mr Wilbur) and balls. We set a tiny play area for them which includes a tunnel, a hammock chair, a scratchin panel, and some dangly shiny objects. We live in a studio apartment so our space is otherwise limited. We’re gettin them a tiny cat tree w two levels on Monday. IF never tires out but they sleep all through the night, on the bed, until dawn when they wake me for their wet food. They love tryin to steal our food while we eat, callin our attention when we’re doin somethin else, and just bein super spoiled. They’re also great w other people, they quickly warm up to guests and visitors, even if they’re not as cuddly w them. the only person they hate is the vet. i told my wife i didnt trust the vet if IF didnt but she said i’m just the kind of parent who’d give in to anythin the child’d want... Anyway, sorry for the long winded intro, here are some pics of IF:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
13A58F7F-F030-477B-8A47-FE81747AB5DC.gif
Rohan and IF, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
6A417C6F-9826-4A58-8B19-74A0C360560C.gif
to both of you.

Thank you for adopting IF and he is gorgeous! :happycat: :lovecat4:

Nice that you have joined the site and feel free to ask questions if you have any and do post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles here too Articles | The Cat Site

Do post more photos of IF for us to see please.

Some readings here for you to help you get around the site :-
New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
:hellosmiley: What an adorable kitty! :redheartpump: Welcome to TCS. We look forward to hearing more about IF's adventures. And more photos, of course.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to The Cat Site. :hithere: And congratulations on becoming a first time cat parent. :cheerleader:

Iron Frittatina, shortened to IF, is adorable. He also has one of the most unique cat names I've ever heard. :catlove:

And no worries about the long-winded intro. We love to talk, and read about, cats here. :D

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What a cutie pie! I'm going to assume with fair confidence that IF is a little girl, since she is a tortie (and I have a weakness for torties...they are all special). Welcome to you and your beautiful little one!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rohan

dad
Kitten
Purraise
thanks everyone for the warm welcome! IF is very pleased to know you all find them adorable ! Also Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 my wife and i didn’t know what

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Rohan

dad
Kitten
Purraise
sorry! post sent because i’m on mobile... so we didn’t know what a tortie was and thanks to you now we do! IF is more special than we’d initially thought hehe so thanks a lot for tellin me !
thanks everyone for the warm welcome! IF is very pleased to know you all find them adorable ! Also Mamanyt1953 Mamanyt1953 my wife and i didn’t know what

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yep, only .03%, or 1 in every 3000 tortoishell cats are male, and those are sterile. No kittens from boy torties!

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yep, only .03%, or 1 in every 3000 tortoishell cats are male, and those are sterile. No kittens from boy torties!
Very very few kittens from boy torties at any rate; Klinefelter syndrome doesn't automatically preclude fertility in those species which it touches.

"only one out of 10,000 male calicos is fertile" - Google Search

A fair number of fertile male tri-coloured cats have been documented over the past hundred years, but it's still only about a one-in-ten thousand chance that a male will be viable.

Rohan Rohan - Welcome to TCS, Mack!