Ipod Shuffle

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Okay... under advanced in your preferences, change it to AIFF, and Setting should be Automatic.

As for your library, pull all your songs from the library and into a different folder, for the time being. If they are not in one already. then delete everything in the folder iTunes accesses for its library. Make sure your software for both iTunes and your shuffle are up to date. before you import anything into iTunes, empty out your shuffle, and restore once again. Then, remove your shuffle from its dock and proceed to import your songs, using the new setting of AIFF. I hope this works for you. once the music in imported, then check the GET INFO on a song, check a few, just to be sure. Then re-dock the shuffle and put some songs on there... hopefully this will work.

If not, there is a little program from Apple that REALLY restores the shuffle... remember when I said a 'friend' had messed my 1st gen. shuffle? I had restored and restored until I was blue in the face and wanting to kill this 'friend' ... I dug around on the Apple website and found this program. I can't remember if it's available for the PC, but I can find out, if i can find the program. it cleaned it up and kept me from killing this person. I never trusted her after that... and I'm thankful she finally is no longer working where I am.

try what I said above, and then if that doesn't work, we'll find the other program.

Amanda

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Ok, I deleted my whole library and am importing songs one by one. I don't want all the songs on my hard drive. Now I'm getting errors about my F: drive not being found, etc. Amanda, you have been such a blessing with all your help, but I think I'm just going to take it back and change it for something else. I have spent too many hours trying to get this to work.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh okay then
... I know there are quirks with our computers...

Something i should have had you do before everything else... and your F drive being hidden is a clue: when was the last time you scanned your computer for viruses? How often are you updating the virus definitions? Keep in mind that when you get 'shared' files, a lot of 'excess baggage' comes with it, whether the other party intended to or not. Before you take it back, do a nice deep virus scan, updating the definitions for your program before you do. BTW, what virus detection program are you using? (hint: some of the major ones are soooo not worth the money)

Amanda

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

Oh okay then
... I know there are quirks with our computers...

Something i should have had you do before everything else... and your F drive being hidden is a clue: when was the last time you scanned your computer for viruses? How often are you updating the virus definitions? Keep in mind that when you get 'shared' files, a lot of 'excess baggage' comes with it, whether the other party intended to or not. Before you take it back, do a nice deep virus scan, updating the definitions for your program before you do. BTW, what virus detection program are you using? (hint: some of the major ones are soooo not worth the money)

Amanda
That's what I'm concerned about. It's ok, it's not your fault. You have helped me so much at least I tried.
I have AVG and it updates daily along with running test each day. I restored the ipod to the original, but I'm concerned about my info being connected to the ipod when I bring it back. Is that an issue? Will it show up if they end up selling it at a reduced price and someone downloads itunes? Or will they have to register with their own info? I just don't want someone getting my credit card number, etc.

rubsluts'mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
they would register it with their own info. if the tech guys are good enough, then they will make sure it is wiped clean before reselling it. or you can say it's defective and they probably would not resell it. I don't know.

think of the registration as this: it's not that your info is tied to the iPod, the iPod is tied to your info. if it gets resold, then the new person would reregister it under their info. simple as that. it should not be a problem. as with any piece of electronics, the new person should be able to 'write over' the previous owner's registration simply by reregistering it. they would not see it. especially not the credit info...

I hope you have better luck with whatever you choose to replace it. I would still go ahead and do a deep scan with your program and make sure it checks those music files.

Amanda

duchess15

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by RubSluts'Mommy

they would register it with their own info. if the tech guys are good enough, then they will make sure it is wiped clean before reselling it. or you can say it's defective and they probably would not resell it. I don't know.

think of the registration as this: it's not that your info is tied to the iPod, the iPod is tied to your info. if it gets resold, then the new person would reregister it under their info. simple as that. it should not be a problem. as with any piece of electronics, the new person should be able to 'write over' the previous owner's registration simply by reregistering it. they would not see it. especially not the credit info...

I hope you have better luck with whatever you choose to replace it. I would still go ahead and do a deep scan with your program and make sure it checks those music files.

Amanda
Thanks! I am scanning my c: drive right now, then I will do the music files.

Sabrina