Ipod and Windows

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
A while back, somebody mentioned she was having trouble getting her iPod to work with Windows 8 or 10, I forget which. Her iTunes wasn't playing nice with whichever version of Windows she had. I didn't have that problem for some reason. My iTunes was still working well with Windows 8 and it's still working with 10.

Recently, Microsoft, in its infinite wisdom (yeah, sarcasm) has seen fit to now update my computer with the Anniversary version of Windows 10. *SMH*  My iTunes still works Ok  and my iPod will still update and charge OK. I've taken notice that, in the lower screen, there is now an icon to Safely Remove Hardware and Eject Media; I never really noticed that before, so I'm wondering if that's a change from the Anniversary Windows 10 update. The problem? It doesn't work with my iPod. Why? I have no clue.

What I've been doing now is going into my File Explorer. In "This PC" when my iPod is connected to the computer, I can find "Pam's Ipod". When I need to disconnect, I simply right-click on "Pam's Ipod" and then click on the Eject button. When "Pam's Ipod" disappears I assume that it's now OK to disconnect. It doesn't tell me that it's OK (it used to say something like "OK to disconnect"), but I'm assuming it's OK. Just thought I'd mention it in case somebody has an iPod and is still having some issues with it. I suppose I should be happy that my iTunes and my iPod are still even working OK at this point; from what I've been reading, people are really having issues. I refuse to allow my iTunes to upgrade to newer versions now, simply because I'm leery that it won't work properly with my computer.

I really wish Windows would just leave me alone. I updated to 10 and things are OK. So stop. Just stop it. I could check my Updates before I let them go thru, I guess, but boy, that can be a hassle in itself. And so I turned the computer on the other night and, lo and behold, there's the blasted Windows 10 Anniversary edition. Going into the What's New? section, there are only a few minor things that are different, including shutting the computer down. So why even have the update? Does Microsoft realize just how frustrating they are? I get the whole thing about progress and all that, but it is so frustrating.

Anyway, I thought I'd post about in case somebody else might be trying to figure out how in the heck to disconnect their iPod.

(Oh, and remember my GF who was having so much trouble with her computer when she didn't realize it had upgraded itself to Win 10? And she called me in a panic? Well, guess who called me again the other night, when her computer updated the Anniversary Win 10? And she couldn't figure it out? I was able to help her over the phone, thank goodness.)

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I guess I should hook my Ipod up to the computer and see what happens. :hmm: