iPad - Do you have one?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, I am the owner of an iPad Air 2. In Space Grey. 64 GB.

Or I will be when it comes in....Staples had to order it. There weren't any 64 GB iPads in stock. They did price-match Best Buy's price, along with the 6-month Kaspersky, so I ended up getting it from Staples for less than Staples' original sale price, even including the tax. They think it will come in Monday and they'll give me a call.

I'm kind of excited about it. The only Apple anything I've ever had is my iPod. (Although I'm thinking that my next phone will be an iPhone.)
Congratulations!! I am sure you will love it, once you get it..

You really do not need to have an anti-virus on it. I have had Mac's for 8 years and have been very happy with them. I also got the AppleCare warranty. I feel it is well worth it. The hard drive on my MacBook Pro quit this year. I got it replaced for free. Before we did, I tried to fix it with the phone tech service. They are all located in the United States, can be understood, and try their darnedest to help you.. I had to wipe out my operating system, and try to reboot it. That is when they told me it was clean. No viruses or spyware. 

No security system also. not needed.

Apple IS pricey, but I feel better about them than any microsoft products. It is just my opinion, but......

Good Luck with it...

I bought the time machine as a back up...love it...

Also, once you have one Apple product and decide to get another; it is so easy to sync them together. My iPhone and my laptop are synched automatically from the Cloud...love it..

I really may sound like a snob, but I deal with the Apple Store for any products. They are the 'experts' at it.. I noticed they all rotate thru the areas.. No one is assigned to just one area. They are all pretty knowledgable about their products...and very helpful. Once, there was a higher up executive trailing various people to check out their knowledge and service. 

I had one rep, switch all my pictures from my old Samsung Flip Phone over to my iPhone. She was not supposed to do so, it was my responsibility, but she took it upon herself to do so....and, when my iPhone battery died, I got a brand new phone--no questions asked..they volunteered a new phone. I was also advised to keep this phone and not rush into updating it with a new one, from 2 reps there. Even after it was off of warranty...

I have been happy with their service.

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks! I'm kind of excited about it! 

Since Best Buy has 6-months of Kaspersky on their iPads and Staples gave me the same deal that Best Buy has, I'll have protection on it anyway, as least for the next six months.

I debated about waiting for the new iPad Air 3 (which is supposed to be coming out sometime in 2016), but thought, oh what the heck, get it now. Patience is not a virtue for me....indeed, not.

And I had been thinking about getting a new tablet as my Nook Tablet HD+ is not doing well...games that I'd been using are no longer being updated on the Nook. I was playing Angry Birds POP (a bubble shooter-type of game with Stella and the rest of the Birds) and the other day, poof! Gone! Tried to re-download it and now it's telling me that the game is not compatible with my device....I don't know why since I'd been playing with no issues. The battery on my Nook seems to last a shorter and shorter amount of time between charges; 3 hours is pretty much tops. It's disappointing. I may take the games off the Nook and use it just for reading at this point.

I do download a lot of books from BookBub, both for Nook and my Kindle app on the Nook. And there's the Nook Free Fridays that I always check out. And I'm downloading library books. Reading them, however, has been another story lately. There doesn't seem to be a lot of time to actually sit down and read and I'm really missing my reading time.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
OMGosh, I love my iPad! It finally came in on Wednesday night, but I couldn't set it up right away. My router needed to know the MAC address, but the iPad wanted to get online right away. It was a circle....couldn't get the iPad online because my router wouldn't allow it without the MAC address. Couldn't get the MAC address because the iPad wanted to set itself up. So I waited til yesterday and came into work, set it up here, and then got the information I needed for the router at home. And we are booking right along! (It said it could set up, using my iTunes account, but I figured I could just wait and set up at work. No biggie.)

The color is gorgeous, just gorgeous. Fingerprint ID (I think that's kind of neat). Downloaded some of my favorite apps and, since Rick was bowling early last night, I spent the night on the couch with Jackie and Mollipop playing Angry Birds POP. 

Getting online is quick. I was amazed at how quick it is. I was surfing around in our local library, checking out the books for my Overdrive app. Much faster than using my Nook. Messing around on Amazon last night. And eBay. 

The guy at Staples put Liquid Armour on the glass for me as my protector. I still need to get a good case for it. I've been looking on Amazon.

But wow, is it ever nice! I'm very pleased.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
:lol3::lol3::lol3: I told you that you would fall in love. :lol3:

Aaron and I both have cases like this -

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, I was looking at that one.....can I just open it and use it like a book?

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Pam, so glad you like you iPad!!   Yes, Mac products are so easy and fast....

Good luck with it and Enjoy!!

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Haha, I've been playing Angry Birds Pop lately too. . .up to level 114! So addictive. Yeah, I forgot about that benefit of tablets over laptops or desktops---so many free apps! Have fun! :clap:

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Karen, thank you for taking the pictures. Order has been placed! Thanks! 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Haha, I've been playing Angry Birds Pop lately too. . .up to level 114! So addictive. Yeah, I forgot about that benefit of tablets over laptops or desktops---so many free apps! Have fun!
Thanks! On my cell, I'm up to level 329 on Pop. I've been playing for a while now. I had it on my Nook, too, but all of a sudden, when I tried to play the other day, my Nook says "This is not compatible with your device." and I was up to level 223 on that. I don't get it and I wasn't amused. 

Just starting out with Pop on my iPad. Up to level 30. (I keep playing levels until I get 3 stars on them before moving on.)

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I received the case for the iPad. It's really nice and it makes carrying the iPad so much nicer (and safer) in my tote.

Thanks, Karen! 

catpatrol

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have an iPad 2. It's convenient at times but I prefer either using my laptop or mobile phone.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
I prefer the desktop over everything. But I love using the iPad while being curled up on the couch or lounging in bed with the furkids. (I originally bought a laptop, thinking I could use it on the couch or in bed, but it doesn't work well like that; it's a 17-inch, so it's a little big. IPad is perfect.)