Introduction

feminazgul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all! I got my very first cat back in November of 2017, and I have spent so many hours reading posts on this forum to help me deal with all of the craziness bringing a new cat home for the first time can entail. All of the knowledge here was so much more helpful than trying to read random possibly unreliable articles on the internet, frankly.

My boy Butterscotch was a poor little guy with an open neck wound and an unknown to me at the time worm infestation, and he was in rough shape for the first few months of life! But over the last six months he's transformed into a happy and healthy kitty with a tremendous amount of play energy and feistiness. I can't imagine life without him, love having a cat around and have even been thinking about the possibility of getting him a friend (he really, really, REALLY loves to play - we play 3x a day for an hour minimum, and he's still energetic and playful and loves to bite my ankles). I love having the catsite forums as a reference and today finally I realized I needed to make an account so I can ask questions as needed. Thanks to everyone who makes this place such a great resource, and of course, I've added some images here at the bottom...

(The first night he came home! He was in rough shape, had poor fur condition due to his worm infestation and had to be taken to the emergency vet that night after scratching open his neck wound :()
(He improved a lot in just a month of good food and care, but he had to wear that little legging-vest until he had surgery to repair his wound in late January)

(If I fits, I sits!)

(Snuggling together, this is one of my absolute favorites)

(Here he is just a few weeks ago - he healed great from surgery and has been vest-free for months now, happily)

(And from yesterday - a happy, sleepy boy in the windowsill)

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
Oh, look at him! He looks so healthy and content. He's obviously had wonderful care with you. :heartshape:

Welcome to you both! I'm glad you decided to join. :clap:

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hello and welcome to TCS. :wave2: Butterscotch is pawsitively adorable. :catlove: Thanks for adopting him and nursing him back to good health. :petcat:

1CatOverTheLine

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
feminazgul feminazgul - (I love that username!) Welcome to TCS! Butterscotch is a real beauty, and looks content and well-settled at this stage. Bravo to you for taking him in and giving him a place in your home - and in your Heart. Here's hoping that we see you and the handsome Butterscotch around the photos forum!

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to the site :hithere:

Butterscotch is one handsome kitty :heartshape:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
AB10F4E7-C004-4164-9951-D728D8A8AAA7.png
feminazgul and Butterscotch, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
A0132DA8-9E6E-428F-BBD2-C5D878D7605C.jpeg
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for taking Butterscotch in and cleaning him up and giving him a warm and fur-ever loving home. He’s such a handsome boy!

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome! I'm so happy that you made an account and came out of the shadows, so to speak! Butterscotch is a beautiful boy, and I'm thrilled that he has such a loving home at last!

aliceneko

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Welcome to you and Butterscotch! I love his name - I almost named Toffee Butterscotch, but when I met him I decided he looked more like a Toffee! Butterscotch is a very sweet boy and he seems to be settling into his new life very well.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

feminazgul

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you everyone for the kind welcome and compliments about Butterscotch! We are both happy to be here among such great and knowledgeable cat people :D