Introduction thread

tiggerwillow

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
sorry I'm a bit confused over where we have to post introductions, I don't remember introducing myself and my girls

Tigger is the older girl at 10 maybe 11 years old, she's a brown tabby. Her history was the RSPCA took her and a whole load of other cats in (15 I believe), as the previous owner could not look after so many pets, as a result most of the cats and kittens there were all starved of attention and some of them, I believe, were a bit underweight (not dangerously, but enough for there to be concerns, as some of them were getting shoved out of the way by others, for the food). None of them had been outside before, the home was only a small house and as far as I know, the dogs in the house were never walked either, so I believe the dogs got taken to RSPCA as well. Tigger, when she came to me, would snatch cat food out of Ebony (who I had at the time, in 2014)'s bowl, and would even go as far as trying to steal food from Ebony's very mouth. Ebony, my sweetpea, would gently but firmly tell her off for that behaviour. Ebony was lost in 2018 to a cancers.

After Ebony passed away, I adopted a then 3 year old girl, Willow. She is now 7 years old and believes she is in charge of the whole universe. Her history was, her previous meowmy had a baby, Willow and another cat got handed into rescue due to concerns about their reaction to the baby. From what I got told by the rescue, the other cat was afraid of the baby, but Willow showed actual aggression towards the baby. I have seen her outside, when children have been playing in their own garden and she clearly is not happy, so I believe something happened between her and the baby in her previous home. She crouches down and flattens her ears against her head when a small child is around within her sight, even when they are in another garden, she will sometimes growl a warning as well, but she will run to get back indoors if that option is open to her, rather than run at the small child.

There's not a massive amount to say about me though, not sure what I can say about me.

Currently, I have both girls sleeping near my feet,Willow's using a toy fishie as a pillow :redheartpump:

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
A1565852-8B9E-4215-B5D2-139833E02D3D$L0$001~photo.gif
to you, Tigger and Willow, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
8800be739c60373dd272ab23a7e3c37a.jpg
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this wonderful site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

Do post photos of Tigger and Willow for us to see! :camera: :camera: :camera: So
IMG_3272.GIF
to hear about Ebony and I see that you've already paid a tribute to her.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Add A Picture To Your Forum Post
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forums and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :welcomesign: Thank you for sharing how you rescued Tigger and Willow and giving them a forever home. I'm sure they get plenty of affection and your undivided attention now.:heartshape: