Introducing Zoe Dianne

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Well, I've finally got a few minutes to sit down and write an introduction post

Zoe Dianne was born on Monday, May 3 at 12:30pm via c section. She was 3 weeks early, weighed 6lb 7oz, and was 19.5 inches long. I was hoping for a VBAC (vaginal birth after c section), but we had a bit of a scare that morning, and the doctors suggested it might be better for all involved if we delivered that day. We agreed, and about 2 hours later she was born! I was quite shell shocked - I was supposed to be delivering her by c section tomorrow if she hadn't come by then. It all seemed very unreal, and took a few days to really sink in

She's a great little girl. She sleeps really well, doesn't stir easily, and is very laid back. If she gets upset about anything, she calms right down again as soon as we reassure her everything is fine.

She lost over 10% of her body weight in the first few days, which put her down to 5lb 12oz, so I'm having to pump and bottle feed to make sure she gets enough nutrition without having to expend too much energy. By next week she should be big enough to be able to exclusively breast feed again.

DH and I are completely and utterly in love with this new little person in our lives, and she's got both of us wrapped around her wee little fingers

The cats ignore her - she was sleeping in the bassinet by the bed this morning, and Smudge carefully approached and went to sniff her, and Zoe moved, and Smudge backed away as fast as she could

Lily is still sleeping on the bed with us by our feet, but she prefers to sleep on DH now, because I tend to throw the covers off when I get up to feed Zoe and throw Lily too... DH keeps sleeping through feeds, or at least wakes up slowly, so he's much safer to sleep on

Here's some pics

Entering the world

She got wiped down, and was in the warmer for a little bit, and found her thumb

Snuggling with mama

And a couple of days ago, at home

cheshirecat

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
She is beautiful!

In the second picture it looks like she has your hair color. But I think she does look like her dad.

belongstoevie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sarah!! She is gorgeous and precious and perfect!!!

I won't list all the similarities you mention to Maiya, but I do think it funny they are 4/3 and 5/3 birthdays.

I'm so so happy for you, and so glad she is such a sweet baby and with such great parents!

Sorry for the scare, those are awful! But you have your precious little girl now!

It'll be great when your kitties get used to her- Evie was the same way, but Maiya's already had her first cat bath.

Congratulations again!!

coolcat

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hola y bienvenida a TCS Querida Zoe, ...Catulina
y Milky
te saludan!!!

(Translate: Hi and Welcome to TCS Dear Zoe, Catulina and Milky say hello to you!!!...
)
See you With Meowme on the forums!, Glad that you join us!

spudsmom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh Sarah!!!!! She is beautiful!!! I'm so happy for you and Andrew. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the picture of you snuggling with your darling daughter. That smile says it all!! Oops there's something in my eye! Congratulations!!!!

ut0pia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She is so cute!! That's pretty awesome that you got a picture of her entering the world

nurseangel

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh, Sarah! The pictures made me cry. She is beautiful. She is going to have curly hair, isn't she? I love the picture of the two of you together; it just conveys so much emotion and bliss.
Thank you for sharing.

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations to you and your husband on your beautiful baby girl and a big welcome to Zoe. Hurray another cat lover in the world!