Introducing two new cats to one old cat

caroline2012

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Everyone, 

First time on here, just wanted a bit of advice really. 

We originally had three cats who got on very well with each other apart from the odd spat,they grew up together but now due to old age we are just left with one who is 15. We lost our second cat about 2 months ago now and our remaining cat pined for about 6 weeks, and still has odd moments, she can be a bit of a sensitive soul

Sooooo, we decided to get another cat and read up on it etc etc, my partner went to the rehoming centre and has fallen in love with TWO cats who have been there about a year and want to be rehomed together, 

They are 4 and 7 years old, very friendly and the rehoming centre says they get on well with other cats

the dilemma is, will introducing two new cats be even more stressful for our old girl that we have left. We really just want to do what is best for her, and we dont want to stress her out in the autumn of her life, but at the same time, these two cats need a home too. I understand that even getting one will upset the balance for a while, will two upset it even more?? Or is it a case of, it doesnt make much difference, one or two

Would be grateful for any advice, thanks xxx

ak12taco

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
been there...done that...got the t-shirt...lol....

lost our Taco 3 wks ago, adopted a new cat for our remaining cat and world war 3 ensued afterwards....BUT...

so happy to report after following the advice here and a few other cat sites, which are all the same suggestions, and using At Ease plus Calm Down and the feliway plug in, we have almost been the shining example I was hoping we'd be...everyone is finally getting along!

Wasnt the case in the beginning, I seriously thought I was gonna have a stroke myself trying to make sure everyone was "ok"....tons of hissing and serious growling, big bushy tails....but Im super happy to report we had a REAL nose to nose encounter this morning, with no gates etc between the noses...and NOTHING, no hissing or growling or anything!!! I actually let them roam freely this A.M. and it was awesome, course a sudden move still causes one to freak n run which causes the other to pursue in kind, but a quick loud noise stops everyone dead in their tracks....

try it...Whiskers City At Ease spray and Whiskers City Calm Dwon liq.drops...there are several other brands/names...I just couldnt order on line Thur and wait for a Mon/Tues delivery so I went to the vet got the Feliway plug in for 45 bux...noticed no change in 2 days, then got the whiskers city stuff at Pet Smart and I SWEAR I honestly noticed results OVERNIGHT...best 15 bux we ever spent, in fact my stash is getting low and Im about to head out and buy another round just in case...Im not letting my guard down just yet....good luck to ya!