Introducing two declawed and very friendly cats?

mama nature

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So, it's been a little while since I was on here. Mostly due to moving but also due to a lot of what's been going on in kitty-land. the following may be a long story...

I love max more and more each day, he's such a teddy bear! But Sally was very uncomfortable with us and the biggest problem: she HATED my son. At first she hid most of the time but when she came around and got used to the house she stopped letting me pet her, stopped sleeping on the bed(or getting on there at all). She would barely come near me unless I had food. And worst of all she was very displeased with having to live with Isaac. She would meow like she was very irritated and then bolt as soon as he got in a 2 meter radius of her and one day she was coming to me in the kitchen askin for foot when Isaac came in and she saw he was there and arched her back and hissed at him.
When I first met max I immediately fell in love. But Sally came home too because I felt bad separating them and she seemed nice enough. But once she started getting aggressive with Isaac I knew she had to go. It broke my heart to do such a thing but I brought her back in to the SPCA... I cried I felt so bad but the people there agreed that my child comes first.
When I go to the SPCA, I'll make a long story short by saying a confused employee sent me to the humane society and the woman there was very irritated and called the manager who told me to come back and it was a misunderstanding.

This is where my question comes in...
I knew I still wanted 2 cats and needed to find another companion for max. And while at the humane society I really liked the atmosphere there and felt like it was the place to come back to and look for the right cat. I went later that day and, just like when I met max, I fell in absolute love with a small tortie and white girl named penny! She was so sweet and loved me AND Isaac. I sat him next to her after petting her a while and she rubbed her little face against him and licked his little arm. I was sold!
I told her I would be back for her and just like with max I will keep that promise!

Wait NOW for the question!

She too is declawed and quite a bit smaller than my big ol max. I really expect them to do well. She's mellow like him but a little more playful shock hopefully will help get him in shape haha. But I'm wondering about the introduction process. I plan to put her in the storage room where both litter pans will be eventually, and have 2 kennels to visually not physically introduce them after they smell each other. I'm just wondering what to expect or if there's anything specific (other that the general intro info I've been reading online)

Thank you everyone. I'm very excited to bring her home. Max will love kitty company too. He's been extra "sooky" since Sally's been gone. Not that I mind the major cuddles but I know he must be lonely :(