Introducing Singer, Zyra, and Casper!

saigo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hi fellow cat fanciers! So glad to have found this site! I have 3 cats currently Zyra is two, Singer is five and Casper is six. Casper is the newest addition only being here 3 weeks. Casper and Singer are siamese and Zyra is a pure white med hair puff ball.

I acquired Zyra when someone dumped six cats off here she was just six weeks old and had never eaten kibble. I should have started feeding her raw right then and there but was nervous of my knowledge of raw feeding. Zyra made her way from the abandoned cabin all the way to the house where our large lab found her under our truck. He was barking at her and it didn't bother her. I went out to see what he was barking at and she jumped in my lap and said take me home. She is the only survivor of those strays as we had a cougar problem and the cougar killed all the strays, my house princess Saigo, plus 1 dog and another dozen cats in our rural neighborhood. It was a very sad year for me. Zyra and my lab Radar are the best of friends, Radar considers her his baby! It is so cute to watch the two play together.

I found Singer at the spca when I was looking for Saigo, as it took me awhile to figure out what happened to her. Singer is my pride and joy! When I asked if she would work in a multi cat/dog home, I was told she was very stressed as she had been rescued from an abandoned house full of cats, went into foster didn't work, back to shelter then spayed, and back to shelter so would be better in a home by herself. I ended up adopting her the next day. I had her in a separate room for 10 days, then let her out.

She found her way into the basement and hid for 6 weeks! Thought she would hide forever. But I knew she was exploring the house at night. Finally she starting coming up to the landing and just examining us from a distance, then onto the bed at night, now she is completely at ease with everyone including Radar who is afraid of her lol. Her and Zyra are besties!! She started peeing in places she wasn't suppose to, and we managed to get her over that too. She loves to be loved, you can just see it in her eyes, and loves our enclosed deck. She has been a lot of hard work to bring her around, but also the most rewarding shelter cat I've brought home. 

Casper is still pretty shy she had never been with other cats or dogs before, so we are still getting to know each other. I've done a very slow intro with her, keeping her in her own room for 2 1/2 weeks. I have only started letting her out this week. She appears quite aggressive towards the other two but is starting to come around. Its been a huge adjustment for her. She is the oldest of the crew being six, there have been days where I didn't think she would work out, but I think she is coming around. 

I have a siamese addiction lol! Love the breed, Casper is my 5th siamese!

Oops wanted the pics after the text 

I look forward to cruising the forums!

vball91

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to TCS! Loved readings about your furbabies. They are all gorgeous. Have you seen our Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food forum yet?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saigo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Hi and welcome to TCS! Loved readings about your furbabies. They are all gorgeous. Have you seen our Raw & Home-Cooked Cat Food forum yet?
thanks for the welcome! I haven't looked in the raw feeding section yet but will its something I would really like to do :)

margecat

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! The kitties are adorable!!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

saigo

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
awe thanks guys! Yes I agree my girls are adorable! Love them too bits!