Introducing Ruby And Hazel

purrs123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello fellow cat people,
I'd like to introduce Ruby and Hazel to you. They are about 3-4ish years old (not sure). Ruby is the orange one, Hazel is the torbie. I'm told they are mother (Ruby) and daughter (Hazel). I recently rescued/adopted them 4 months ago. They were temporarily being cared for by a homeless woman who had permission to stay in the house with them while she was cleaning it, in preparation for the house to be sold. The cats had been abandoned along with 3 dogs in that house (basically a drug den) when the tenants just up and left. Two of the dogs were rehomed and the 3rd was in such bad shape it had to be euthanized sadly. That left the two cats in limbo. My friend who does a ton of cat rescues found out about them and called me. I agreed to take them sight unseen, given they were used to dogs (I also have a dog) and soon to be homeless. I picked out names ahead of time from a list I have of favorite names...I was originally told Ruby was a male and named her Remi, but then found out she was female and changed it to Ruby. It's pure coincidence that their names reflect their colors. When I fist saw them...
IMG_7032.JPG
I couldn't believe how beautiful they both were. I've never had long-haired cats before. It's a lot of brushing and clipping, but worth it.
It took about 2 months for them to adjust to my house, me, my dog, and all the new smells and sounds of the neighborhood, but they are now fully integrated into the household. They sometimes fight, well, pretty often actually. :) But mostly it's working out well and I'm so glad they are in my life.
IMG_6836.JPG
IMG_6841.JPG

How cute are they?!
And here they are a few months ago with their winter coats (their fur was longer then) and you can see my dog, too, Lilly. Didn't want to leave her out. :)
IMG_6735.JPG

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-731719.gif
purrs123, Ruby, Hazel and not forgetting Lilly, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3653.GIF
to all of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
How To Create A New Thread
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Ruby and Hazel are beautiful! :lovecat: :lovecat2: Do post more photos of them.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

purrs123

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much! I plan on enjoying exploring the website.

GemsGem

Mentor
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
Hi and welcome to the site :hithere:

Your girls are beautiful :hearthrob:
I love your story of how to come to own this gorgeous pair.
It sounds like it was fate - just meant to be :heartshape:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Welcome to you, Ruby and Hazel! What pretty cats they are, and the dog's no slouch, either!