Introducing Our Clan

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicolelj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for fixing my pictures.  Thanks for everyones thoughts.  Zen is doing good.  We have been dealing with a little bit of litter box aversion but he seems to have gotten better.  I just posted in behavior for some advice on how to take care of the smell from where he had accidents.  So if you have any advice please check it out and let me know.  Thanks

skylarbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ahh. Tis good to finally get a photo of our brave adventurer Zen. He seems happy to be home and chowing down. =)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

nicolelj

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Sorry I have taken so long to respond.  Been dealing with trying to get Zen to use a litter box again.  He used one just fine for the first 24 hours then stopped using it and had 4 accidents on different furniture.  So we locked up the other two in a big room that has a cat tree, food, water and plenty of windows and soft sleeping areas, so that I could tell when he was using it.  For 4 days he was using it just fine.  So I let the other two out.  Then he stopped using it again that same day.  She we locked him in our bathroom.  He out right refused to use it.  Going anywhere else in the room, including on the washer and drier and there were no clothes on them.  So now he is grounded to an extra large dog crate for a few days.  Litter box is in there and his food.  Plenty of room to lay down.  Took the lid off the litter box just in case that is the issue.  He went straight in and used it.  But we can't keep the covers off because we have dogs that like litter box crunches and there is no place we can put a litter box that the dogs can't get to it.  So we are going to pick up some of the extra large litter boxes(ours are medium but Zen is a fairly large cat) and after he has shown progress in the crate for a few days I will exchange the medium for the large with the cover on.  Then if I see that he is doing well we will try having him loose in the bathroom again for a few days and progress from there.  I HATE locking him up but I can't have him peeing everywhere.  So trying multiple things.  Let me know if you have any tips.

skylarbear

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
He out right refused to use it.  Going anywhere else in the room, including on the washer and drier and there were no clothes on them.  So now he is grounded to an extra large dog crate for a few days.  Litter box is in there and his food.  Plenty of room to lay down.  Took the lid off the litter box just in case that is the issue.  He went straight in and used it.  But we can't keep the covers off because we have dogs that like litter box crunches and there is no place we can put a litter box that the dogs can't get to it.
I'm sorry he is having a hard time adjusting but I think you are doing the best thing. Lol @ dogs eating litter box crunches. I don't know why they like them so much but this is not the first time I have heard of such of a thing. Although, it makes me laugh every time I hear about it. Good luck with Zen and update us. Hopefully he will revert back to normal.