Introducing New Cat To My Cats

taylerhill

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello, it's been quite a while since I've posted here. But I have a question about introducing a new cat to my existing cats. I currently have 2 spayed female cats (pictured below), ages 6 and 4. They both get along great. I found a 7 month old kitten that I have reserved to adopt next month. She is a female as well. She isn't spayed yet, but the current owner is spaying her before I take her home. The current owner offered me to take her home for a weekend as a sort of "test run" with my cats to see how they get along. My question is, if she isn't spayed when I do the test run, will my cats even remember her when I officially take her home after her spay? I'm not sure if she would smell different or not. Should I just wait until the surgery is over, or does the test run sound like a good idea? If no test run, I was thinking of just going to visit the new cat and take a rag to rub on her to take her smell home with me.

Attachments

susanm9006

Lola
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly I would wait until after her spay. Your cats won’t immediately accept her it may take weeks for that to happen so in most cases a short term test run doesn’t tell you much.

danteshuman

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would wait until after her spay. Also giving all the cats a couple of weeks to smell each other won't hurt either :)