Introducing My Kitties

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi there!

I`m new to the site but not really to cat ownership (though FAR from being an expert of any kind!).  I have a husband and two small children (4 and 1). We recently took in two kittens from my friend`s farm.  They`re still a little shy and skittish but it`s been a week and they`re starting to warm up to us.  They are brother and sister and I think they are so sweet.  My oldest loves the kittens though my youngest is still a little skittish around them herself.  

The female is a grey tabby with white points named Pickles and the male is a grey kitten with white markings (chest and paws) named Pepper.  Pepper is the most sociable and is already pretty good with the children.  Pickles is more timid and is most sociable with my husband and myself when the children aren`t around.  Though she is showing some curiosity about them.  I`ve always started another thread because Pickles has peed and pooped in our bed even though she now knows how to use the litter box.

I`ll try to attach some photos...

This is Pepper

And this is his sister Pickles

margd

Chula and Paul's roommate
Veteran
Purraise
What cute kittens! They both look so innocent and sweet! This is a great site - there are a lot of very knowledgeable people here who are very generous in sharing their expertise. Welcome! [emoji]128512[/emoji]

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

picklespepper

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks.  I think they are very sweet and innocent -- even with the bed pooping incident.  Pickles will still bolt if you try to pick her up but this evening she was mewing for me to pick her up and then she cuddled in my lap, just purring.  Melted my heart.  Then her brother came and tried to kick her out.  There is bit of sibling rivalry.  But Pepper is really a big softie and is a "people cat".  He's going to be great for the kids.  My husband and I joke that Pickles will be our cat.  But she is getting braver around the kids too.