Introducing Michael Kit Kat The 1st

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
1 week ago, my eldest son and his friend came running into the house to find me because they had found a kitten. When I went to investigate, I discovered this was a tiny baby kitten. We knocked on many neighbors' doors, even called the non-emergency police line. No one claimed it.

I told my sons we would have to take it to a shelter the next day because my husband is severely allergic to cats. No way on earth would he let us keep it (I was surprised he even allowed 1 night). My kids (and myself!) were understandably heart broken. My husband (who works 2nd shift) came home and somehow or another when he got home from work, Kit Kat won him over while the rest of us slept.

So... after taking him to the vet to verify he wasn't chipped and to find out if this was a boy or girl... we know own this cutest snuggliest creature ever. And my husband is diligently taking medication which he claims is worth it. :)

Attachments

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi and welcome to this site. Kit Kat is beautiful and so lucky that your son found him not to mention that your husband is prepared to take medication. Clever Kit Kat and his charming ways. Keep posting photos.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi and welcome to this site. Kit Kat is beautiful and so lucky that your son found him not to mention that your husband is prepared to take medication. Clever Kit Kat and his charming ways. Keep posting photos.
He definitely is clever and a charmer! Lol! Thanks for the warm welcome. I am loving reading all the posts and seeing all the pictures.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
graphics-hello-090208.gif
Outmannedmama and Kit Kat, on behalf of The Catsite community, a warm
IMG_3650.JPG
to both of you.

So glad that you’ve joined this site and you are in the right place for all things cat and this site is loaded with tons of rich resources and you’ll find friendly and helpful cats around and many of our cats are very knowledgeable in cat related stuffs.

New Here? I Have A Few Suggestions For You!
Community Guidelines & Practices - Frequently Asked Questions
Forum Rules

Thank you for rescuing Kit Kat and for giving him a warm and loving fur-ever home.
He's so cute and no wonder your husband is bowed over by his cuteness.

Feel free to ask questions if you have any and start a new thread of your own and post them under the appropriate forum headings and do check out the many informative articles we have here in Articles | The Cat Site

Enjoy your stay and see ya around :wink:

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the warm welcome and tips, everyone! Kit kat is doing wonderful. He hates all the actual cat toys we bought him and instead prefers... Hand puppets. :lol: He is so stinking snugly when he isn't running around with a case of turbo butt.

Attachments

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just a PSA to take pictures of your kitten. They grow so fast! KitKat is now almost 7 months old and SO giant! Tipping the scales at almost 8 lbs. He is a monster hunter and still the snuggliest creature I have ever had the privilege of knowing.

Thanks to everyone who gave me advice when I first posted here after finding him (or did he find us?)!

Attachments

Mia6

Mother of one and numerous ferals
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh my Kit-Kat is so adorable!! He really grew quickly. If he is 8 lbs now I wonder how big he'll be when he is done growing?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Awww.... adorable. Thanks for the update. :catlove:

Is little KitKat neutered yet? How's your husband's allergies?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks to everyone who gave me advice when I first posted here after finding him (or did he find us?)!
You're entirely welcome! I'm glad you found our site and came here for support when your son first found Kit-Kat. Please feel free to post more pics of him as he grows here: Fur Pictures and Videos Only!

I'm so happy he has won over everyone's heart in your family especially your husband. :heartshape:

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww.... adorable. Thanks for the update. :catlove:

Is little KitKat neutered yet? How's your husband's allergies?
Yes he was fixed last month. He hated not being able to eat but other than that was back to normal by that evening!

Hubby is still taking meds for his allergies but we might do a test run without after spring is over.

Outmannedmama

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh my Kit-Kat is so adorable!! He really grew quickly. If he is 8 lbs now I wonder how big he'll be when he is done growing?
I wonder that myself! His legs still look awkwardly big on his body, so I think we've got a ways to go!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Yes he was fixed last month. He hated not being able to eat but other than that was back to normal by that evening!
Good to have that over with. And glad he had a quick recovery.

Hubby is still taking meds for his allergies but we might do a test run without after spring is over.
It's possible your husband has built up an immunity to KitKit. Crossing fingers for him. :crossfingers: