Introducing Maggie, aka Mag.

bryce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just thought I'd show a picture of my cat. Her name is Maggie and she's 1 year old. Everyone's asleep but me so I figure that's why she's in here with me. Though, I work from home and I'm the only one here for the day mostly, until 3pm when my younger brother gets out of school.

So, you think she'll bond to me more since I'll be around her more or what? I'm still waiting for her to casually jump up here to be with me without me having to tell her/point her up here.

Here's her pictures.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

bryce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, what kind of treats should I keep around the house or should I do that at all?

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awww, Mag's is cute.
It takes time to bond but I think being around more often gives you a good chance to get her when she feels like a cuddle.

I like Feline Greenie cat treats. Two of my cats like Whiskas Temptations but one of them always throws it up. Gross, I know. So they all agree on the greenies.
I usually only give them after they have endured their brushing and nail clipping sessions. It helps them suffer through it knowing they get treats afterward!

bryce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Brushing? You mean fur brushing, not teeth right? What kind of brush should I use and do they not like it or what?

I would think they would like it.

fifi1puss

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
For my short hair cat I use what is called "zoom groom", it has finger like things on it and feels like a massage but gets alot of hair off him. He loves it. It is also nice and spongy so he likes to bite on it too.

darlili

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Maggie is beautiful - I have a grey female and a black male, so I've a real fondness for black cats.

You might want to ask the vet about toothbrushing...in a perfect world, it's great to gently brush a cat's teeth (they make little kitty brushes and toothpaste - do not use human toothpaste!)

Zoom groom is great and pretty inexpensive - also, my cats like a very soft brush I got for my girl (almost like a baby brush). You'll both enjoy brushing her, and it's good to help prevent hairballs.

Mine adore Greenies as well - but I have to be careful about giving only 2-3 per day, tops - otherwise my boy starts getting soft poo, probably from the amount of plant material in the treat. Whatever you use for treats, I'd rattle the bag or box so she starts to associate the noise with something yummy - which may help when she decides to hide or you need to find her right away. Kitties do not always decide to come when called!

I think Authority, the Petsmart housebrand, makes a pretty decent wet and dry food at a good price. My two have dry food for nibbling and I give them some wet morning and evening. I've been using Nutro with good health reports from the vet, but you'll find something that Maggie enjoys and does well on and that you can buy easily. Oh, always make sure she's got clean water available - that's very important.

Maggie was very lucky she found you!

trillcat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Bryce

Just thought I'd show a picture of my cat. Her name is Maggie and she's 1 year old. Everyone's asleep but me so I figure that's why she's in here with me. Though, I work from home and I'm the only one here for the day mostly, until 3pm when my younger brother gets out of school.

So, you think she'll bond to me more since I'll be around her more or what? I'm still waiting for her to casually jump up here to be with me without me having to tell her/point her up here.

Here's her pictures.

Maggie is a little doll!
I have been reading your posts Bryce, Kittys dont always do what we want.
I would love for my love to be a lap cat, but she is not. Oh once in a while, when her diva butt decides it to be. lol, but it is rare.
Don't have so many notions of what you want your cat to be and accept them as they are.

bryce

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I think she's coming around. She does mostly hang around me early morning or late nights. Any other time and she's jumping from one person to the other. And she always runs, mostly at nights where she'll dart away from you. I can't tell if she's angry, scared, or just wanting to play. You take one step to her and she's gone and back.

myfamiliars

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Aw, Maggie is a beautiful girl. I love the black cats. I agree with Trillcat in that you let Maggie take the lead. When I got my boys, I wanted them to be bonded with each other and only quite fond of me (that's why I got cats, after all). Almost three years later, they are, indeed, bonded with each other (they're brothers and came to me as a pair), but they are devoted to me as well. One of them, my Raven, usually has to be touching me. At the very least, he has to be in the same room. Not what I expected, but I wouldn't have it any other way.