Introducing Louie D-Boy....

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OK, an update on my babies.... LuckyGirl is doing much better at tolerating Little Louie. At 1st I had a small heat attack, she was tackling him to the ground, and biting him at the neck & belly. I was afraid she was hurting him, but I let them go, and as soon as he got up he would go back for more...and he wasn't crying? So they were playing. And they have been running through the house chasing each other....then she tackles him to the ground, and pins him down and licks the heck out of him. It's the cutest thing I've ever seen! And I worry cause she doesn't really know how to be a cat, I think she was neglected by her momma cat cause of her birth defect, she doesn't knead her paws, and she doesn't hiss or anything....but her instincts really seem to be kicking in with him. Maybe he will teach her about cat to cat relationships.... she still won't let him eat off of her plate, and she will eat off his, and then growl at him to step back from his own plate....he listens to her. And she won't cuddle with him yet, and all he wants to do is cuddle with her....but that;s ok, he can cuddle with me.... and we are making sure to give LuckyGirl extra treats, and extra praise, and extra cuddles.... they are such a joy. Thanks for all the kind words! I already have his catster page set up! I'll be sending you all friend requests tomorrow from work!!!

PS....Louie & Lucky siggies welcome!!!

halfpint

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh gosh he's a cutie, looking so sweet just waking up
His eyes match his coat almost don't they
And he looks so cute just waking up
Congrats to you and Lucky Girl for getting a new sweet boy, no time she'll Love him

alikatt

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
What a cutie! Louie D-Boy, you certainly are a handsome little boy. I'll take one... maybe 2?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

luckygirl

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks Guys!!! He is just the sweetest baby ever! Yes his eyes are like a silvery-gray kinda color, with a smidgen of blue.... but he has a silver/black tabby coat, and his back is real speckled with silver/black, he almost looks like a wild rabbit, the way their fur is speckled salt & pepperish....

Yesterday LuckyGirl decided Baby Louie just wasn't clean enough, and pinned him down and proceeded to groom him everywhere! And Baby Louie was not thrilled, he tried to wriggle away from her. I did keep them seperate the 1st 2 days while I was away, but let them together while I was home. I have kept their litter seperate, but am trying to get them into 1 box, as Luck has a great box with a lid. The baby is in a temp litter box, that I started in my bathroom for 2 days, now I moved it 4 feet back the hall for 2 more days, and so forth till I get them into the same box. I didn't want to pressure Lucky into sharing her box so soon, that is major territory issues.... although while scooping the babies box, I did notice that she took the liberty of going in his tiny tiny tiny little box, most likely to prove a point! I noticed some poop that was longer than Louie, and I just knew it couldn't be his....
She is such a girl! Louie is already more of a lovey dovey than LuckyGirl ever was....she used to be a lap cat, but has grown into her teenage years, where she wants to be affectionate when it suits her, otherwise--please don't kiss her in public!
Where Louie wants to either sleep or be loved he goes to your feet and cries till you pick him up, then he is content.
Be still my heart! I can't wait for the day they are cuddling....he will help my LuckyGirl feel like love & affection like a mommy. I am already losing sleep over Saturday....it's her spay appointment!
I am sure I will have to be medicated that day!