Introducing Kittens To My Older Cat

overseascatlady

Overseas Cat Lady
Young Cat
Purraise
L

Hi there.
My cat gave birth to 3 healthy kittens (they are now 4 weeks old) healthy and very active. 2 girls 1 boy. I am planning on spaying my female as soon as she is allowed to and have booked in for her appointment.
We have one more female who is now 2 years old (she is spayed.) her name is Peanut.
My question is my three kittens are extremely active and curious at this stage and once in a while like to pop out into the living room to visit and see what we are doing. When my Peanut is in the house they get curious and come for a sniff and peanut hisses and makes some noise and jumps or goes extremely fast in another direction.
Does anyone have any advice on how to get peanut to enjoy the company of the little ones.
Mom is doing well but as soon as Peanut hisses she comes straight over to see if he little one is ok.

Attached are photos of peanut and one of the kittens

Thanks so much

A3484871-F1C9-44B4-ABB7-BEB8B6EB6433.jpeg

Attachments

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It actually sounds as if things are going fairly well, just now, I'm sure Peanut has her furry little nose a bit out of joint over these little interlopers, but as long as her reaction is just a hiss or to vacate the area, all is well. She may well warm up to them in time, and time is your best friend. Mama isn't overly worried about Peanut, from her reaction, and she's your best indicator of how things are going. If Peanut were getting aggressive, Mama would back her off and down VERY quickly. Peanut just needs time to get used to them.

:pLOL, let's be honest...there are a LOT of older, childless women who have no desire to have toddlers crawling all over them!