Introducing... (drum roll please)...

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
He really is quite the handsome kitty! And Holland is as beautiful as ever! Oh, but Daymon and Holland would make some mightly pretty babies!

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

mystik spiral

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, but Daymon and Holland would make some mightly pretty babies!
No worries there (luckily)!

We've had quite the day... Daymon had the last dose of antibiotic for a UTI the day I brought him home, and he was sneezing when we left the shelter, so I knew to keep an eye on him. The sneezing seemed to have stopped today, but he was hiding under the bed a lot, which he hasn't done since he came home - he's always been right at the bedroom door when I've gone in to spend time with him. It almost sounded like he was wheezing, and he was shaking his head like his ears were bothering him. I tried giving his chest a listen, but he was purring at the time so it was hard the to tell if there was anything going on in there. And I just don't know him well enough yet to determine if he was acting "off". The shelter gives a 15-day grace period to bring the kids in for free with any medical concerns. Since I'm going to be at my mom's quite a bit for the next 3 days, I went ahead and called because I didn't want to leave it until Tuesday in case I had to bring him in.

They squeezed him in for an appointment this afternoon, and as I was buckling him into the car, he had a sneezing fit of about 10 sneezes in a row. Eek. Luckily he hasn't had any colored discharge, and I put the humidifier in with him today. The good news is, his temp was normal, his lungs sounded clear, and the vet said that the remaining "head cold" symptoms should disappear in the next couple of days. The bad news is, like I mentioned earlier, he is very skinny. He's a bit bigger built than Holland, but while she's around 8 pounds, Daymon was under 8 pounds (though the vet said he'd gained an ounce since his "going home" check-out. He gave me some prescription, high-calorie, high water content food, and said that I should give him chicken broth and baby food to get some calories in him.

Poor Holland is feeling neglected since it's kind of been a "Daymon day", but at least she hasn't hissed at me yet today! I think she was also "holding it in" for a long time after I brought Daymon home. Her litter box is in the bathroom, which is right across from the bedroom, and she's been afraid to go near the bedroom door. Last night I noticed her cautiously going into the bathroom, and this morning I scooped out the BIGGEST urine clump I have ever seen. She seems a lot more interested in hanging out by the bedroom door, although she still tends to "puff up" when she goes near the bedroom. I just tell her she's a good girl and that I'm very proud of her! I just hope she doesn't catch the cold that Daymon has... I've been very careful about washing my hands and using sanitizer after I visit him.

I don't have any human kids, but my sister and SIL always said that while the first baby changes your whole life, the second baby doesn't change things much at all. Yeah, right!

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad you have a new friend!  While I love having multiple kitties, I hate the introduction phase.  

Daymon is so handsome. I can't wait to see him all fattened up!

otto

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Sounds like things are going okay. Holland is cautiously getting used to the idea. She's a well seasoned traveler by now, so she should do okay. Daymon is so beautiful and will fatten up in no time with all the TLC and the a/d food.

Keep those stories and pictures coming!

xx

Last edited:

darkmavis

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Congratulations on the new addition!! What a sweetie!! I hope his cold goes away soon, and that he and Holland will be great friends!! Thanks for the Holland pic too, she's beautiful as always!

parsleysage

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awwww!!!!!!!! 
 SO glad to hear you have another kid to love!!!! Daymon is gorgeous and I'm sure Holland will warm up and find him a wonderful playmate and brother in no time!! Keep us posted!

nanner

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being partial to black and white cats myself, congratulations on adding the handsome Daymon to your family!! Hope all is going well since the last time you posted, and he's not sniffling and sneezing anymore, and Holland has gotten used to a brother hanging around. Hope he's fattening up. He must be so glad to have a furever home!!!:heart3:

Love the pics! I love that he's got a white leg! :D