Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Almost a week with a Betty update! Hoping all is well and looking forward to the weigh-in :hearthrob::kneading::hearthrob:
This is the easy uneventful days of cat cohabitation that I was expecting when I adopted her. It’s not quite as hands off as Krista was for a dozen years. But Betty’s adorable and makes up for the extra care she needs.

I don’t know if Betty knows her name. After all. It’s not been her name longer than it has. And I mostly call her “boo”. But the other night when I was preparing her second dinner, and she was chilling in my recently vacated warm spot in the chair, Taylor Swift’s “betty” came on the TV (her Eras Tour movie has been in heavy rotation around here), and I swear Betty perked up and was watching the TV, listening to the song. 🎼😻👍

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
This is the easy uneventful days of cat cohabitation that I was expecting when I adopted her. It’s not quite as hands off as Krista was for a dozen years. But Betty’s adorable and makes up for the extra care she needs.

I don’t know if Betty knows her name. After all. It’s not been her name longer than it has. And I mostly call her “boo”. But the other night when I was preparing her second dinner, and she was chilling in my recently vacated warm spot in the chair, Taylor Swift’s “betty” came on the TV (her Eras Tour movie has been in heavy rotation around here), and I swear Betty perked up and was watching the TV, listening to the song. 🎼😻👍
HER song. *Haven't heard it -- I don't listen to pop -- but Betty obviously inspires artists, right?* :hearthrob: :lovecat4::hearthrob:Sounds like you are having a great weekend together. Hope so. Elvis has rediscovered his chair with his dad's T-shirt on it that he left to make Elvis feel at home in his new home. It's really cold *for here - 54F* and rainy here, so he's curled up and looking quite comfy.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
HER song. *Haven't heard it -- I don't listen to pop -- but Betty obviously inspires artists, right?* :hearthrob: :lovecat4::hearthrob:Sounds like you are having a great weekend together. Hope so. Elvis has rediscovered his chair with his dad's T-shirt on it that he left to make Elvis feel at home in his new home. It's really cold *for here - 54F* and rainy here, so he's curled up and looking quite comfy.
Here's a less pop-y version of the song.

folklore was her first pandemic album. She would record and release another one in 2020. Since it was born in the middle of lockdowns, she did vocals in her home studio with other writers and collaborators in other home studios across the country. The album was put together and released in July 2020 without the artists being in the same room. The video above is from September 2020. She and the writers and artists got together in upstate New York to play the songs with each other for the first time. It's a nice stripped down and intimate take. If you have Disney+, I recommend giving it a watch even if you don't listen to pop. And if you don't have Disney+, you can see the songs on YouTube. You just don't get the (well worth it) commentary in between the songs.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Here's a less pop-y version of the song.

folklore was her first pandemic album. She would record and release another one in 2020. Since it was born in the middle of lockdowns, she did vocals in her home studio with other writers and collaborators in other home studios across the country. The album was put together and released in July 2020 without the artists being in the same room. The video above is from September 2020. She and the writers and artists got together in upstate New York to play the songs with each other for the first time. It's a nice stripped down and intimate take. If you have Disney+, I recommend giving it a watch even if you don't listen to pop. And if you don't have Disney+, you can see the songs on YouTube. You just don't get the (well worth it) commentary in between the songs.

I'd never listened to her before. Very relatable songs -- heartrending, actually! Quite an insight into the fact that she's had many relationships, I guess...hope the current one is good for them!
So you're a Swiftie? I get why she's so popular. I'm sure she has at least one song that gets each person right in the heart.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'd never listened to her before. Very relatable songs -- heartrending, actually! Quite an insight into the fact that she's had many relationships, I guess...hope the current one is good for them!
So you're a Swiftie? I get why she's so popular. I'm sure she has at least one song that gets each person right in the heart.
I’ve always liked her music well enough in passing. But during the pandemic, I took notice when she released not one but two new albums during lockdown. But it wasn’t until the Eras Tour movie came out that I really developed an appreciation for her. I’m not disappearing down the Swiftie rabbit hole. Yet. But I do enjoy her music and her movies and she’s fun in the clips I see on Instagram. I can certainly see why Swifties get as obsessed as they do. She kind of encourages it with all these inside jokes and Easter eggs that link songs and even prior albums to each other. Plus she is a cat lover. She has three. 😻

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The false alarm of the other week aside (the single ejected Greenie), I think she made it through the month of March without an incident. April? Not so lucky. She had a small moaning regurg this morning. She spent about 30 minutes next to the radiator while I cleaned up. And then just as I was ready to cook my breakfast, she returned to her recently picked up plate and gave me a sad, “really Dad?” look. “Okay. I’m trusting you. I didn’t see you looking for carpet to eat or loading up on water. So I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.” She finished her breakfast and begged me for her Greenie. “Okay. But you’re taking an extra CBD drop with your Greenie.” And that’s where we stand now. I’m sitting with a potentially ticking time bomb waiting for work to begin and hoping she’ll get an easy breezy radiator nap before lunch. No more incidents, please.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The false alarm of the other week aside (the single ejected Greenie), I think she made it through the month of March without an incident. April? Not so lucky. She had a small moaning regurg this morning. She spent about 30 minutes next to the radiator while I cleaned up. And then just as I was ready to cook my breakfast, she returned to her recently picked up plate and gave me a sad, “really Dad?” look. “Okay. I’m trusting you. I didn’t see you looking for carpet to eat or loading up on water. So I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt.” She finished her breakfast and begged me for her Greenie. “Okay. But you’re taking an extra CBD drop with your Greenie.” And that’s where we stand now. I’m sitting with a potentially ticking time bomb waiting for work to begin and hoping she’ll get an easy breezy radiator nap before lunch. No more incidents, please.
That's life these days, right? Every day, a new crisis or pack of same. As crises go, though, this is (hopefully) a small one, not repeated. There's no rhyme or reason to feline regurges/pukings. NONE. But they are intrinsic to cats. As we all know. ;):winkcat:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn’t eaten breakfast this morning. She did eat her taproom treats. Usually treats with no eats ends poorly. So we’re waiting for that shoe to drop now. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿
FD4E71B0-A762-4F2A-867A-14FB9B68AE07.jpeg 6DADCCEE-D3CC-4F9C-A476-CD4CBA2D719F.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She hasn’t eaten breakfast this morning. She did eat her taproom treats. Usually treats with no eats ends poorly. So we’re waiting for that shoe to drop now. 🤦🏼‍♂️😿
View attachment 474044View attachment 474045
Betty. Betty! Don't sleep through the crew in the sagebrush. And BTW, that bowl has YOUR name on it. :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob::wave3:*JustFYI and possible reassurance (?) Elvis is a bit off his food as well. But he NEVER misses his treats. Do you think there's a conspiracy afoot?*:sigh: