Introducing A New Kitten.

Lendube

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'm wondering if a 4 y/o female rescue whom I've had for 2 years now would love a new kitten. My Nellie was on the streets pregnant at 1 y/o when she was picked up by a rescue org. She gave birth to 4 kittens and would have won "Cat Mother of the Year" award if something like that was given out. According to her foster mother my poor Nellie went into a deep, dark depression after her babies were adopted out. It took a year for her personality to shine again. She is an incredibly loving, affectionate cat and is devoted to me. Any opinions here? With her history would she bond with a new kitten perhaps? I know there's no way of telling but maybe someone's had a similar situation. thx

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lendube

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The reason I'm asking is that Nellie's only companion is an 18 y/o Ragdoll who cares about nothing and never has. Nellie is very playful and I'm thinking she'd like a companion since her friend, our Oscar cat, passed away a month ago.

(Where is the "edit reply" here? ;)

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Veteran
Purraise
I think so too, --oh and I know I saw an explanation for how to edit at some point but I'd love to hear it again cuz I've tried everything seems like and no go :confused:o_O

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Lendube

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have introduced many cats over the years but I still appreciate the article. Never had the need for it to take so long. Always seemed to just work. Guess I've been lucky. Haven't had a kitten in 18 years though, just adult waywards and rescues. They sure do seem to find those that will love them. I guess I'm just hoping a new kitten will find a loving "mama" in Nellie and Nellie can find a playmate and companion? Here's my Nell. Tuxedo Manx baby. thx
IMG_0136.JPG