Introduced too fast

stellababies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat about a year and a half old. She is very gentle and spoiled but I was put in a tight spot recently and had to move in with my boyfriend and being her with me. He has a 5 year old cat as well, but because of the circumstances I didn't have the convenience of introducing them slowly. He's been out of town for a couple weeks so I've been doing this alone. I tried but I just got clawed to ****. Stella did really good and liked the new place but his cat was pissed. She was around for a few days in the shadows, but then she hid in the rafters and wouldn't even let anyone in the same room as her. She finally came down one day and had been around but really doesn't want any interaction. They chase each other around but that's it. I want them to be sisters but the other one just seems annoyed. I don't know the breed of either cat. His cat also seems bipolar...she will headbutt you and act like she wants to be petted, so i put my hand down to let her smell me. Sometimes she gives me a second but she always bites and then does this rapid batting thing and rips my hands to shreds. Sometimes she just does that for no reason as I'm walking past her. I have a feeling a lot of this has to do with her owner being gone but he says she's always been like that. I just can't handle it anymore

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stellababies

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The small black and white one is his cat the fat one is mine.

mani

Moderator and fervent feline fan
Staff Member
Purraise
I really do think you need to do systematic introductions even if they've been together for a while now.  It's just the way its done, I'm afraid.

Have a look at this article and see how you go:

http://www.thecatsite.com/a/how-to-successfully-introduce-cats-the-ultimate-guide

As for your boyfriend's cat.. it could be exacerbated by all the changes and her man being away..

I'd to the introduction thing and then see about working on this issue. 

Feliway diffusers could help with this issue in the meantime.