Introdroducing My New Bengal Boy

lnbandcats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Very beautiful kitten and cat! I will soon be going through similar introductions when I bring my little Ragdoll boy home - next week! So, I am reading your posts with interest and laughter! We can share stories! My Mollie is absolutely a butt sniffer, too!

Congratulations on two gorgeous cats - and it sounds like you will be showing Rowdy?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks!
I will be interested to hear about your introductions coming soon. It is quite an adventure, but I prepared myself in advance to be patient and not to expect them to be best friends from day one. It just makes me sad as a kitty mom to see each of them get so upset!! Definitely keep us posted on your introduction stories.

Yes, I am going to try to show Rowdy. I say "try" because I've never participated in cat shows before and obviously he hasn't either.
I've been trying to pick him up, stretch him out, etc. to get him used to it, but I think it will be a totally different story once he gets in a cage with a bunch of strange kitties around him, strange people, etc.

Does anyone have any suggestions for a first-time show-er? Is there anything I can do to get him used to traveling? Do I need to buy a "cage"? He has a carrier, but not a cage. I don't have an SUV, so I don't know how folks typically travel with their cats. I don't know what I need, etc. I would DEFINITELY welcome advice from you experienced folks! I might make a seperate post on this, actually....

Originally Posted by lnbandcats

Very beautiful kitten and cat! I will soon be going through similar introductions when I bring my little Ragdoll boy home - next week! So, I am reading your posts with interest and laughter! We can share stories! My Mollie is absolutely a butt sniffer, too!

Congratulations on two gorgeous cats - and it sounds like you will be showing Rowdy?

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Forgot to mention in your "show" thread - the clubs provide wire cages - the show flyer will give you the size dimentions.

renovia

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
how precious! and about the lily - just remove it.....your kitties are way too important!

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Oh, ok- Thanks! Do you put your kitties in your own cages when staying at a hotel? Or do you just bring the litterbox and let them hang out in the hotel room?

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Phenomsmom

OMG how precious! You have beautiful furbabies!
Thanks!!!
Your babies are precious, too!!!!

goldenkitty45

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
In the hotel, you can put the litter box, food/water in the bathroom for easier clean up. Put the kitten in there and make sure he knows where the pan is.

After about 15 mins of exploring, then feed him. Mine are too interested in exploring to sit still for 5 mins to eat
Most times we would dish out the food, then get cleaned up and go eat. While we were gone, cats got to relax on the bed, etc.

leslie301

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I think that plan should work.... I'm feeling a little bit more confident now about the travel part. I do need to start acclimating him to car trips, though. I started yesterday just getting him to go into the carrier on his own by putting treats in there. He was starting to associate it with the evil V-E-T so I need to get him over that first. Then car rides, then hotels, then shows!!!