Intestinal upset making the rounds?

david68

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A couple of weeks ago, I was cat-sitting for a friend who has one cat who, as far as I know, has no contact with other cats. One day, he had some loose stool that caused a mess, but quickly recovered. I don't know how he would have contracted it, but there were two of us splitting cat-sitting duties that week. I'm not sure if the other cat-sitter has a cat.

Then, one of my cats had loose stool, which I had checked at the vet, and it came back negative. She's back to normal poop now. Now, one of my other cats just had a loose poop, not quite diarrhea. Normally, all my cats have pretty sound digestion, and I haven't switched food or anything like that. My cats don't go outside and have not had direct contact with other cats.

Is it possible for human caregivers to transmit stomach viruses from household to household just via casual contact?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Along with the question of whether the other cat-sitter has a cat, does that cat go outside, or does that sitter spend time at a house or houses where the cats go outside? Could something be transferred on shoes, or by fleas etc?