Intestinal Lymphoma

booktigger

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
that is interesting. I have a friend who used chemotherapy on a cat with this kind of cancer and said she would never do it again. Molly has been on steroids only and has had 13 months since diagnosis but is getting fussy with food. I don't necessarily agree that it isn't an aggressive cancer, it depends how quickly it is picked up on. The first cat i had with it had to be pts two weeks after diagnosis.

arlyn

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My experience is that it is aggressive.
My RB kitty was diagnosed in November, and had a tumor removed, no other signs of cancer.
His vet and I waited two weeks to decide on a treatment, in the space of two week it had returned and spread.
Chemo was not even an option.

williamramez

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi JamiDNYC.. i have just posted this on another post but please take the time to read...

Our well-loved cat "vuschka" was also diagnosed with mamary cancer last year July & was operated on her tumor, i was told she needs to take chemo pills. i researched on the disadvantages & i didn't take the doctor's advise.

After about 6mos., Vuschka had to undergo another surgery last wed. (april 06,2011) from multiple tumors & this time they removed all her mammary glands for this is where the cancer cells migrate. Good thing i switched her to a more healthy diet (organic cat food by Felidae) and at 12 yrs of age,

Her doc was amazed to see all her vital organs & tests showed her levels were normal for an oldie and was a perfect candidate for operation. The surgery was a success. i believe had it not been from good food, she wouldn't be eligible for an operation & eventually put to sleep.. which would be unbearably & unacceptably devastating.

i was again informed by her doctor that aside from chemotherapy & chemopills, there was a holstic approach to treating cancer with a successful rate. I was told to buy "Artemisinin" (Qing Hao Su - sweetwormwood extract) (which has shown excitingly positive results for cancers to cats/dogs) combined with CoQ10.

Found these websites about "Artemisin" & now i am sharing these to you & hope these infos may be useful. i already ordered online and this is one of the reason why i joined this forum, to share insights on these. i am very positive i will succeed in this challenge i am facing. I also want to document and publish her results.

Here are some important and exciting news for you.
1.) http://healthydoctors.com/blog/rever...cer-naturally/
2.) http://www.akitarescue.com/Cancer Prevention.htm
3.) http://pathwithpaws.com/blog/2011/03...ll-themselves/

Vuschka is now still alive and kicking!
I really hope this helps & I pray & wish you all the best to your cat, Ella!

Summary about Artemisin:

Artemisinin is the second most common herbal I use to fight cancer in animals and it is extremely safe in almost all cases of bone cancers, squamous cell carcinoma, fibrosarcoma and lymphoma. However It is used for a number of other tumors as well.

Artemisinin is an extract from the herb sweet wormwood and was originally used to treat malaria. It is currently under study by Dr. Henry Lai at the University of Washington for its effects against cancer,

So how does it work?

Cancer cells take up more iron then normal cells. Artemisinin is attracted to these high iron cells and selectively goes to them. Once inside the cancer cells it reacts with the iron causing free radial formation which kills the cancer cells.

Cancer cells have the highest concentration of iron in their cells because they need that iron to stimulate growth, get a good blood supply going and eventually kill the host. “Because they multiply so rapidly, most cancer cells need more iron than normal cells to replicate DNA. To facilitate that, cancer cells have inlets on their surface, known as transferrin receptors, in greater numbers than other cells. Those receptors allow quick transport into the cell of transferrin, an iron-carrying protein found in blood. In creating the compound, researchers bound Artemisinin to transferrin at the molecular level. The combination of the two ingredients appears to fool the cancer cell.

This herb “might provide a safe, non-toxic, and inexpensive alternative for cancer patients, cats & dogs alike.â€