Interview jitters

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My daughter has been interviewed for a new teaching job at a very prestigious boarding school. It would be promotion for her and she is very excited about it. She was called back for a second interview, and told me she thought it all went very positively. As far as I can see, she has every possible qualification, experience and interest that the school are looking for. She had an email last night from the Head, thanking her for coming and saying she would follow-up by phone in a couple of days. Now Faith is on tenterhooks wondering what it means. I told her that it could not be bad, as the school would know if they did not like her, and would be able to tell her at once. So there must just be something they want to check or sort out before speaking to her again. She could use some vibes - she is very nervous.

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Awesome..hope to hear soon that she did get this.  Sending those requested vibes.

crickets mom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Good Luck to her!!!
 (By the way, just curious, what are tenterhooks?)

Last edited:

-_aj_-

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Tenderhooks, nervous on edge about something or at least that's what I've always thought it to mean :D

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
She got it! She is no longer on tenterhooks ( i don't know the origin of hte word, must look it up) but is certainly excited. They called her last night to confirm, though she does not yet have a starting date. It will be either January term or Sept 2013. The Head will tell her on Friday, but says she is very keen to 'get her on board' as soon as possible. Faith will teach mathematics but will also run a boarding house of around 60 girls, groups of whom will spend a term at the school's partner school in France, and Faith will visit there regularly to look after 'her' girls welfare while abroad.So they wanted someone who not only speaks French but is familiar with French life and culture. Faith will also take girls on ski trips, for which she holds a qualification, and they want her to start a riding club, which she has done at her present school. The school is in a small village and her boarding house is on the edge of campus, backing onto forest and fields, so ideal for her two cats. Altogether, she is in clover (another expression!).

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
:wow: :woohoo: OH Jenny, that is fantastic news! Faith must be "in clover" :clover: (haven't heard that one before - but makes perfect sense!) Truly sounds like a job of a lifetime - how very exciting for her and you must be so proud too :bigthumb: :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

jennyr

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the vibes everyone - I am sure it helped. She will start in January, and is really thrilled.