Internet Explorer Issues?

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

Gail - did you try my suggestion?
Not yet as I found on another tech website that I should run the commands flush dns and register dns before the release and renew commands.

Any thoughts???

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by GailC

Not yet as I found on another tech website that I should run the commands flush dns and register dns before the release and renew commands.

Any thoughts???
Technically one is IP and one DNS, but yes you can do it that way. Try both. If you're still having issues maybe something goofed up your TCP/IP settings for the adapter.

Have you ever done anything via command prompt? I'm wondering if that had you a little wary as it's a bit out of most users comfort level.
For example, if I were to give some of the average users on here instructions on how to edit registry values their eyes would probably pop out (which I might add, this is all perfectly safe if you back up your registry first - no one should be afraid of digging around and changing settings) because this would be way out of their comfort level.
My only suggestion is get used to it and get familiar with your OS.
It makes fixing problems like this easier.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Well, you really need to try to get rid of any bad stuff lurking on your pc. It is fairly well known that IE always has some security issue or another, so yes firefox is better - not perfect, but less likely to cause you as many problems. Just make sure to get adblocker plus so you can get rid of most pop ups and ads on websites.

AddieBee - If I'm reading this correctly, your "security suite" is McAfee. It's not the best, and some stuff may still be missed. If you're a little more adept with pc's and willing to try it, try the HijackThis that I linked to earlier and see if anything is lurking that McAfee is missing. Look for odd names, double check stuff by looking it up in google.

11:40 pm central time - Go figure, I try to post this and the site's having issues!
Thanks SW yes I am still having problems with random crashes. I will try that software. This is making me crazy!

ETA: I ran HijackThis and it did not check-box anything. So what does that mean?

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by AddieBee

ETA: I ran HijackThis and it did not check-box anything. So what does that mean?
It means it probably didn't find anything bad. If you want to you're welcome to pm me the log report from it.

If there's nothing bad lurking in your start up, you may have some settings you need to adjust somewhere.

strange_wings

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by KittKatt

StrangeWings, where would I go to download a trusted adblocker?
Same place your get other firefox goodies! On their site.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Also, we (AddieBee and I) think we may have found what's going on with her IE. It's not a flash issue, that's for sure. If anyone else here uses toolbars on IE and is having crashes, it may be worth checking it see if something is being missed in by antivirus and spyware scanners. Any error logs would be helpful for this.

And always make sure you keep Microsoft software up to date, this includes IE.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kittkatt

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Same place your get other firefox goodies! On their site.
https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1865

Also, we (AddieBee and I) think we may have found what's going on with her IE. It's not a flash issue, that's for sure. If anyone else here uses toolbars on IE and is having crashes, it may be worth checking it see if something is being missed in by antivirus and spyware scanners. Any error logs would be helpful for this.

And always make sure you keep Microsoft software up to date, this includes IE.
Microsoft updates are the same thing as the monthly updates that you receive on your computer, and also include the IE updates as well, right?

I do have toolbars on IE, but as I mentioned in the other thread, IE has been working fine now since disabling the flashplayer.

Computers!