Interesting Question - MULTI CAT HOUSEHOLDS ONLY!

natalie_ca

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have 2 kitties.

Chynna who is going to be 16 years old next month, and Abby who will be 10 on June 19th.

Chynna is definitely top cat in the house, but I trump both of them!

EnzoLeya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know that we have a top cat.....I would say Enzo....but.....hmmmm. It's LEYA!!!! I forgot how bossy she can be. She has every one of us trained, it's her way or the highway! She's not aggressive, but she'll growl and get ticked off if things aren't going her way. Not too mention she'll wack one of the other cats when they walk by her in a bad mood!
Oh....and Leya is our blind kitty!

Stuart is deffinitely the bottom cat. He's so nice and sweet and just lays around being fat and happy

jean-ji

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
My three take turns. They all nudge each other out when they want to be on someone's lap. The one on the lap will be joined by one of the others, who will start licking and grooming until the "lickee" can't take it anymore and has to leave.
I'll see Sam chasing Clio or Pru, only to see them chasing him on the return trip.

hissy

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Since we are a true multicat home- the alpha depends on what room we are in. In the kitchen and dining room, Matuse and Dobby are alpha.

In the living room- Twirl is alpha on one side of the room- Rocky on the other side. In the master bedroom Guinevere is alpha- upstairs guarding "HER" stairs and cubbyhole is Madison. In the computer room-Toots reigns supreme and in the cat room-I am alpha-
That is the one room where I refuse to relinquish control of.

ninacaliente

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Delilah was an "only" cat for her first 3 years, and I think she is still offended at the idea of having to share space with other cats! She reigns as Kitty Supreme. She eats first (although she does make allowances for kittens who haven't learned manners yet), but really her only other demands are that the other cats stay away from her.

But now that Piper is a year old, her tortitude is definitely coming out! I think she will be giving Delilah a run for her money for the top kitty position. Right now she is definitely #2.

Blue is a peace-loving kitty. I guess I would say she's on the bottom of the totem pole, but none of the other cats pick on her or anything. She just always patiently waits her turn for just about everything! She is also my only cat who is a big climber, so most of the high perches in the house belong only to her.

I'm not sure yet where Bastian and Griffin will fall in. They are both pretty laid back, although Bastian definitely has more of a devilish streak than his brother. At 7 months old, though, Griffin is already as large as Delilah, and bigger than all the other cats in the house. It will be interesting to see how the kitty dynamics evolve as they grow up!

lovemycatswsq

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by strange_wings

I honestly do not know. Neither one of them are truly dominate or submissive. Both completely defer to me, so maybe I've upsurped that position somehow? ie - if they're arguing over who gets to sit in a particular chair I will push them both out of it and sit in the chair myself. Maybe my two are odd?
Im in the same situation lol. Though occasionally Wicked will get bossy with the boys. So I think it goes Me, Wicked, Quincy, and Smidgeon.

catkiki

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
They haven't really decided who is top cat yet but Dusty is the "instigator" and Rusty is the "follower", so maybe Dusty is the top cat even though she is smaller than Rusty.

auchick

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I can't tell who is top cat in our house. At first glance, you would assume Bitsy is because she's such a B**** to everybody but I've seen instances where my tiny little Mia paws her out of the way and steals the box to sleep in. Other times I've seen Mia assume the submissive position. Marble largely just avoids Bitsy, if there's any interaction, it's usually a hiss/claw and then quickly walks away. Between Mia and Marble...I again don't know. I've seen both be dominant and submissive in different situations.

x~tracey~x

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well not sure who is in charge in our house deffinatly not me though!!.We have 3 cats and a greyhound well the dog isnt in charge,the cats think nothing of stealing food of her,she tends to mother them.Out of the 3 cats left Tibby is the eldest shes a tortie but is quite chilled and just likes to be left alone.Barnaby does push to the front at mealtimes,but he is such a softy and often comes running to me crying for a cuddle if someone upsets him,so that leaves Pooh bear she is the youngest but my word is she feisty!!! she is a tortie through and through!!! she actually talks to the other animals and i dont know what she says but she always gets her way toys,treats fuss lol She is a princess!!! Which i find funny shes the smallest and yougest but deffinatly rules this house!! Along with my 6 yr old daughter

lunastar86

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Luna is one year older and she is in charge becasue she is prettier, smarter, and faster than Smokey and BAMF who we call the troubled twins because they're brothers and they're a bit slow. They all got along great until recently, and I'm not sure why it started, but Luna is really mad at the boys and has taken her dominance to a new level, and she doesn't get over a grudge quickly.