Interesting Dog at Starbucks

footersownsme

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by catsallover

My favorite barely known dog is a Cardigan Corgi.
Cardigans are cute but i absolutely adore the Pembroke Welsh Corgi....the ones w/out the tails. http://www.akc.org/breeds/pembroke_w...rgi/photos.cfm

I use to own a Schipperke (RIP Buster)...
http://www.akc.org/breeds/schipperke/photos.cfm

i dont think i can live w/out a German Shorthair Pointer in my life either.
http://www.akc.org/breeds/pembroke_w...rgi/photos.cfm

I also adore the French Bulldogs http://www.akc.org/breeds/french_bulldog/photos.cfm

and the AmStaff Terrier.... http://www.akc.org/breeds/american_s...ier/photos.cfm

I use to show my Schipperke and it was fun times....I cant wait til I got a house and can own A dog again. Hit up the show ring once in a while and just have fun.

Sorry this got a tad bit long....I'm originally a dog person, but since my last puppy passed away and my mother said no more dogs, i fell in love with cats. (plus they are easier to sneak in the house and easier to convince a parent to say yes too...lol
)

pushylady

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love Irish wolfhounds. We used to have one as a client and he was my all time favourite. I still miss him.
One day, I will have one, and a Great Pyranese mountain dog so the cats can have a dog too.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh yeah I love Amstaffs, and also Staffy Bull Terriers!

There's a Pembroke Welsh Corgi that volunteers in our therapy dog group, she's really cute! It was really funny because I just started volunteering at a new hospital and I was looking around the room and suddenly realized my dog was the only one there with a tail!
There was the Corgi, a Springer Spaniel, and a Doberman!

miagi's_mommy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4crazycats and Leli you both have beautiful hound dogs!
I have a treeing walker coonhound mix. he's a great dog.
here he is. his name is Buster and will be 3 next month.

please excuse how chubby he is.
we are trying to slim him down on treats. you know how hounds are.

almost kissing Miagi..

telynn

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I knew this lady once that had some great danes. She had this one that was massively big. I was sitting on the couch one day and he came up and stood in front of me, sideways, front legs to one side of my legs and back legs to the other. So I reach up (yes I had to reach UP) and started scratching his side. He must of liked that because he kept leaning toward me more and more. And bending his legs more and more. Eventually he was practically sitting on my lap. I'm about 5'1 and didn't weight much at the time. Needless to say it wasn't long before I had to ask for help because he was crushing my legs.
But he was a sweetheart of a dog. All 190 pounds of him! When he was on his hind legs he could easily rest his front paws over doorways. And he did often.

nekochan

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hehe that's funny about the Great Dane!

I have a friend who has 3 English Mastiffs, those are massive dogs! They are really sweet, though... He goes through like 25 cups of dog food a day though!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by EricaNicole

As if anyone would care...
I made my daily run to Starbucks before work ( like I mentioned in the Starbucks thread I am a slave to their white choc mocha)
and outside,tied to the post, was the largest PURE WHITE dog i have ever ever seen. I believe it was the breed called Saluki.
http://www.akc.org/breeds/saluki/index.cfm
If it stood on it's hind legs it would be taller then me. The gentleman said that Mika (thats the dogs name) is a grandchampion retired. I was like OH MY GOODNESS! it was tall, and so white and had such a woolly coat, oh and the skinniest legs...its a breed i have never seen. I was so taken back by this dog i needed to share it with someone. I mean it was like mini skinny horse lol!

anyone know of anymore interesting breeds?
Saluki's are one of my favorite breeds. They have really silky fur. They look like an afgan hound with shorter close laying hair. In the movie cats and dogs, they had a saluki, she was the old girlfriend of the older dog in the movie, and befriended the beagle, lou. That was a saluki. The dog you describe sounds like a borzoi (another favorite breed of mine) they have curly coats and are really big and "skinny" I really like the site hound breeds.
there are so many "interesting breeds" another breed I really like is a pharoh hound, they are the only dog that "blushes"
belgian malinois are really nice dogs too. pullis are very different. komadors are interesting. I like schnauzers too. For small dogs the papillon (butterfly eared dog) and the scotty dogs are cool too. I like clumber spaniels too. There are just too many interesting dog breeds out there!
I think if I get another dog it would be another boxer or great dane, I really love them!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
im glad to see people showing interesting in so many unique dogs. Around here its all labs and pugs. I LOVE german sheprrds...someday when i own my own home i would love a male. Dan likes small dogs, like maltese, but i am a sucker for a big ole wooffy.

celestialrags,
thanks for the info.

Sometimes i wish i had a cell phone with a camera on it!! this would be easier lol. Boy it might be time i step it up when it comes to tech-mology!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ericanicole

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

what a doll!
he is adorable!!!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That's interesting that Celestialrags would mention Puli - because I used to have one (actually, 2) growing up. They are so cool and smart and sensitive!

Now the doggie I have looks just like this dog: the Mudi http://www.akc.org/breeds/mudi/photos.cfm

And acts like one too!
I really like that dog, I can probley think of name or whatever about 150-200 dogs (excepted in akc and shown as well as some breeds that aren't recognized)( I acually enjoy dog shows and can usually tell Dh what breed it is before they say, LOL! I do feel bad making him whatch dog shows, I am sure to most people it's like whatching paint dry, that's boring!) I am embarrassed to say, I have never seen or heard of that breed, how neat, they look so different (from one another) The one at the top looks like a black GSD that I rescued and later placed, she didn't have as wavy of a coat, but those eyes! They had a slight wild look to them, they were the same shape and look as the dog on the top of the page.

Some other interesting breeds dogue de bordeaux (french mastiff, another made famous by T.V. breed, turner and hooch) Neapolian mastiff (some one had mentioned) chinese shar-pei (of course the wrinkle dogs) japanese (or chinese I forget which
) foo dog.

Some that I like but aren't excepted and can't be shown. Cane Corso and preso canario. (sp?) I get off line and think of more, LOL! I could name dogs all night that are interesting, unique, or rare

I would have to have a 1000 acre property to have one of every breed I like.

Another fav of mine, not too different, but my grandparents had one when I was growing up and would some day like to have one, a dobermen pincher.

I just had to add another ultimate site hound. These aren't very common either, the picture is of a dog from Germany, they are called Azawakh

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
That's a very interesting looking dog - sort of like Great Dane/Greyhound, LOL. Did you watch the Eukanuba Dog Show last weekend? My hubby and I were watching and our 15 year old was like - jeez - why are you guys watching this? And I said, "because we're OLD." lol. Anyway, I do like the dog shows, last year a Puli was one of the finalists!

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kluchetta

That's a very interesting looking dog - sort of like Great Dane/Greyhound, LOL. Did you watch the Eukanuba Dog Show last weekend? My hubby and I were watching and our 15 year old was like - jeez - why are you guys watching this? And I said, "because we're OLD." lol. Anyway, I do like the dog shows, last year a Puli was one of the finalists!
I watched some of it. I like the working group mostly, and was disapointed that the boxer got 2nd I have only seen a boxer go to the BOS group about 3 times and only once did it win the show. I am sure the judge picked a nice dog, I think it was a porgegese water spaniel (sp?) or some thing like that.
I didn't notice the puli getting to the best of show group, (I probley watched the show though!) I don't know much about them. There are way too many dogs to learn about, as much as I do know, I still basically know nothing when it comes to so many breeds

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Leli

Your dog looks like our Max, except he's no beagle. At 80lbs, he's a good sized hound, a treeing walker X as far as we know.
Very cute pics! Every time I see Max in your siggie I think of Jada. Though Jada only weighs 26 lbs and is a red and white not a tri. The face looks alot alike though.
Hes a cutie pie!

Originally Posted by Phat Locani

Your hound dog is beautiful!
Thanks. Shes my baby girl. She is one of the cutest dogs Ive ever seen.

Originally Posted by Miagi's_Mommy

Aww hes so cute. One of these days I want to get a big hound. Not sure what kind yet. But one of these days. I love my little beagle baby though. She has the look of a big giant hound but in a little body. Hounds are little piggies. John always says Jada looks so sad and hungry all the time. She is on a strict diet though because of her allergies that she has. She still manages to gain an extra pound or two every once in a while. She really needs to loose a little right now too.
Originally Posted by celestialrags

I

I just had to add another ultimate site hound. These aren't very common either, the picture is of a dog from Germany, they are called Azawakh
That dog is Awesome! Wow. I love it!

kluchetta

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I watched some of it. I like the working group mostly, and was disapointed that the boxer got 2nd I have only seen a boxer go to the BOS group about 3 times and only once did it win the show. I am sure the judge picked a nice dog, I think it was a porgegese water spaniel (sp?) or some thing like that.
I didn't notice the puli getting to the best of show group, (I probley watched the show though!) I don't know much about them. There are way too many dogs to learn about, as much as I do know, I still basically know nothing when it comes to so many breeds
I didn't get to see the whole show this year. We saw the working dogs, non-sporting, and toy, I think. I really wanted to see the herding group because of JD, and my childhood Puli.

celestialrags

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
4crazy cats, That is a very awesome dog, isn't it, so elegant and graceful, I would love to just watch him run! You said you wanted a big hound, right? These kind of dogs are hounds, sight hounds, the borzoi, saluki, pharoh, azawakh, are all larger hounds, and very lovely elegant hounds I have to add. Do you know much about Plott hounds? I wonder if they would be a fit for you, I like them too, and they can be really sweet dogs too. I will have a borzoi (It may be in my next life, LOL!) but some day, I will!

Kluchetta, I like the hearding group too, I love the working group and like the hounds, because of the few I mentioned. Non-sporting I like too, I like to see the different variety. I just really like dogs (well used to, I am a cat person now, for the first time in my life since being a kid I don't have dogs and have cats, and not just out door cats, I love my cats like I have always loved dogs!) I never really liked toy breeds, I like a few now, I would even own a couple, like bostons, min pin, and mabey a few others I just can't think of cant right now

4crazycats

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

4crazy cats, That is a very awesome dog, isn't it, so elegant and graceful, I would love to just watch him run! You said you wanted a big hound, right? These kind of dogs are hounds, sight hounds, the borzoi, saluki, pharoh, azawakh, are all larger hounds, and very lovely elegant hounds I have to add. Do you know much about Plott hounds? I wonder if they would be a fit for you, I like them too, and they can be really sweet dogs too. I will have a borzoi (It may be in my next life, LOL!) but some day, I will!
:
I love Black and Tan Coonhounds, Otterhounds, Redbone Coonhound, Blue Tick
and Plott Hounds. But I'm still doing research.
I love Ibizan Hound.
I could see myself looking into getting a pup from a breeder. I really love them.
Especially the wirehaired variety.
For now Im happy with my Jay Pup.

Ibizan Hounds
http://www.dog-breeds.net/Ibizan_Hounds_Paradise.htm
Wirehaired
http://www.westminsterkennelclub.org...ges/ibizan.jpg