Interesting cat (not mine, advice sought)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

stoopid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Okay, so they're 'communicating' now... and Oliver was licking him in an affectionate way earlier this evening, so there's some progress. Hissing ensued during playtime, but that may be normal for them anyway as they tend to chase the same toys.

BTW, the couch was free

stoopid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just checking in to let you know the boys are getting along famously. The newbie/younger cat is more playful and sometimes Oliver (old cat) gives a good yelp when he's not in the mood.

They play and eat and sleep together. All in all, an easy introduction. The plan was to provide Oliver some company while I'm at work or away hiking for entire weekends. So far I don't get tackled or overly-missed when I return. Seems to be working
. You cat was brought to the vets and is in good healthy (minor gingovitus(sp?)/gum irritation). Will worry if it persists for long, been 2 weeks since the vet visit and I'm gona check tonight for improvement (think it was his old food).

stoopid

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well, updating my kitty life.

Buddy didn't work out. The two never got along (never sleeping on the same bed, etc), and my original cat started being less affectionate towards me. This was BAD considering he's ALWAYS affectionate.

So Buddy's now on his 4th owner (didn't work with his first new home after mine, but has settled down with yet another friend for good
).

Oliver, my original cat, now lives with a retired friend. I had an assignment (with tons of career mobility potential) I thought was going to become permanent, and it had me traveling on the road 5 days a week. Me not being around for 75% of the week is no life for an affectionate cat. So I found Oliver a new home. I was very sad for several days and still miss him, but he's very happy with his new owner and I still get to visit. New job didn't work out, but I'm not going to rip Oliver from a happy home either.

I'm not going to get another cat for now. Life's hectic enough I feel I would be cheating the cat of a good overall homelife. No time for a woman either, but that's for another forum! :p