Integrating a new cat

brina

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
A little bit of background. I have had my male cat, Shadow, since he was 2 months old. He is now a HUGE 14 month old boy, neutered of course. When he was 5 months old, I fostered two girls who were sisters for 4 months. Playing with with them included chasing and wrestling. He was the only cat for 2 months and I just adopted an 11 month old girl. She has been in the house now for 3 days. She adjusted well but it is Shadow that I am more worried about. Because he played with the fosters by chase and wrestling, he thinks that Cali, out new addition likes to do the same. Now Cali is at the end of healing from a spay so she can't really be playing hard. Cali also likes to take toys and play with them on her own. When she does this, Shadow thinks that means he can play with her too and proceeds to chase her. She doesn't want to be chased! She is running away from him but he thinks she is playing when she is not. He also chases her when she just tries to walk by him. I don't know to stop Shadow from constantly chasing Cali! How do I change this behaviour? I don't want Cali to become scared of Shadow everytime she sees him!