Insurance For 5 Cats!

tiffsea

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hello,

I am a small-time cat rescuer and feral cat caretaker. I now have 5 indoor cats (two 8 year old females, a 5 year old female, a 5 year old male, and a 3 year old female) They are all healthy, have never been diagnosed with anything, eat a healthy diet, etc etc. I specifically would love to get them pet insurance that would cover annual dental cleanings. None of them have ever had a dental cleaning and they're all rescues so I would love to get them on that regimen. I don't make a lot of money but am willing to put forth another monthly bill to ensure they stay healthy. Any advice?

KatsPurrrsians

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Healthy paws pet insurance has been highly recommended by a friend of mine. She has dogs so I don't know for certain if they do cats, but I'm sure they do. She only pays $33 a month and it's already paid for itself 10 fold

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
If you want it to cover routine cleanings, you'll have to get the premium version. Which costs a lot extra. It would probably be cheaper to just pay for the cleanings out of pocket. Regular insurance only covers accident, injury, and disease, not routine things.

You could ask your vet how much cleanings cost, then put 1/12 of that in savings every month, plus a bit extra.

verna davies

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have pet insurance for my 3 cats but it is only minimum cover and doesnt cover for dental so I put a little bit of money into a jar every week and once it has mounted up to £50 I put it into a savings account opened just for this. If I need it ( and I hope I dont) its there to pay vets fees without putting pressure on myself. I don't miss the little bit of money every week.