Insurance companies suck

adymarie

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by Sadie's Mom

Update - I settled with the insurance company today. It was less than I was trying to get, but I got so darned tired of getting insulted and "beat-up" by the insurance company (which I know is merely a stall tactic on their part) that I took a reasonable offer.

But, boy did this experience ever show me a different side to insurance companies. They are so charming and agreeable when they are taking your money, but as soon as you take their money, the tune changes.

Now I understand what my father meant years ago when he described insurance companies as "necessary evils" in our lives.

And, all this experience has shown me is that insurance companies suck!
Sorry you couldn't get what you want. I hate insurance companies - hubby had an accident (he was hit from behind) and the lady who hit him sued him 1 day before the statuate of limitations was up, so we could not sue back. The whole thing dragged on for years (we won), but the insurance company wasn't a big help and made us hire own own lawyer (our coverage was only for a millin - we were being sued for 1.5 mill so had to get a lawyer to fight about the .5 mill)

trouts mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry you didn't get the payout you were hoping for..and also that you were treated poorly.

I guess this thread goes to show those that just look at price when purchasing insurance. The really important thing that your insurance company needs to be good at is dealing with claims. Its situations like this that make people second guess "only looking for the cheapest rate" and actually valuing service as well.

I know that paying insurance sucks...but I also know that if I had a $200,000 house and it burned down, I would be very very grateful for insurance companies

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sadie's mom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
What's most infuriating is the fact that I've been a 22 year client. But, rest assured that the next 22 years will be with another company.