Inside/outside Cat Probably Hurt And Hiding Outside

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Need a little bit of people's experience here. My sister has a 13-year-old female inside/outside cat who was attacked in her yard by a male neighbor cat who is known to be a serious meany. Male cat hadn't been seen in over a year and my sister thought he had aged and was staying close to home. No such luck. Male cat injures other cats by biting, and he is serious. Anyway, her husband saw the attack and chased the bully away, but in so doing missed seeing the direction my sister's cat ran. The assumption at this point is that her cat is hiding and injured. They have looked fairly exhaustively, put stuff out, food, "her" things, etc., but no luck. The cat isn't super shy, but she isn't a superconfident girl, either. It's been over 24 hours at this point.

Any further suggestions or bits of wisdom here? Thanks!

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Id you have put food out, maybe her litter box, they say they can smell that a long ways away, checked with all of your neighbors, and searched the neighborhood im not sure what else to do. Maybe post with your local humane society and animal control in case someone found her and turned her in? Check with the vets in your area as well. I hope she is found soon, and not seriously injured. I will worry about her. Keeping her and you guys in my thoughts. :crossfingers:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
She is almost certainly very close to home, and in a small, dark hidey-hole. Tell them to try looking as it gets dark, and to carry a flashlight so that they can spot her eye-shine. Also, a can of warmed tuna is VERY stinky, and might draw her out.

ArtNJ

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Can you ask the neighbor to keep the mean cat in for a day or two?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ailish

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks everyone! She did show up at the end of the day yesterday and was found drinking water set out for her. She is, thankfully, unhurt, although stiff. She has arthritis. The owners of the mean cat have been approached about their bully, as he has attacked cats of neighbors who live on both sides of him. He's been a menace for quite some years now. He treed my sister's cat one night and then just sat at the bottom of the tree so she couldn't come down. I was cat-sitting and discovered them the next morning and was quite furious. Sister's cat is fixed and has been her whole life, I don't know what Mr. Bully's problem is. I'm sure he is unfixed, but does mean aggression for aggression's sake?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If he is unfixed, then that's at least MOST if his problem. His hormones are raging, and his territorial instincts are on hyperdrive. He'd be a much happier kitty without those annoying ballsies.

I'm SO HAPPY that your girl is back home!