Inside cameras / wifi question

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Hi all

I have some inside cameras set up around the house to keep an eye on my cats and one aimed outside at my front door.

I have had no issues with the cameras until yesterday when I got new fiber optic internet installed. In the camera app it says they won’t work on 5gzh but In my fiber optic app it says they are connected at 2.4ghz, but the actual camera isn’t connected when I look in the camera app. I reached out to their tech support.

But in the meantime, does anyone have fiber optic internet and have cameras they can recommend?

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
ut in the meantime, does anyone have fiber optic internet and have cameras they can recommend?
Yes, the wifi cameras connects on 2.4ghz. When you turn on your phone to search for wifi, you'll see that you have 2.4ghz, 4ghz or the latest 5ghz.

So when hooking up the wifi camera and the phone app, choose the 2.4ghz. Your phone and your internet will be on 5ghz but wifi camera will be on 2.4ghz to work.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Robyn5678

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Yes, the wifi cameras connects on 2.4ghz. When you turn on your phone to search for wifi, you'll see that you have 2.4ghz, 4ghz or the latest 5ghz.

So when hooking up the wifi camera and the phone app, choose the 2.4ghz. Your phone and your internet will be on 5ghz but wifi camera will be on 2.4ghz to work.
I didn’t have the option to choose 2.4 or 5. But I was able to talk to someone that installs fiber and he said to create a guest network and those run at 2.4. The cams connected right away.

tabbytom

Happiness is being owned by a cat
Staff Member
Mentor
Purraise
I didn’t have the option to choose 2.4 or 5. But I was able to talk to someone that installs fiber and he said to create a guest network and those run at 2.4. The cams connected right away.
That's right, connect on 2.4. I have an option to choose between 2.4 or 5G but most wifi cam connects at 2.4.