Innova?

xocats

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovemy2cats

What issues has Natura had? I don't recall hearing about any. As far as grainy, the carb percentage is 28.88% just about the same as any other food with grains. I would like to know what food has less that is not grain free. One good thing about Natura, ALL of their ingredients are from the USA including the vitamin mix. Most companies get their vitamin premix from China.
Dexter is in the process of switching from an old Nutro formula to California Natural chicken and rice...
so far it is agreeing with him.

As I posted above...
I too, would like to know what food has less carbs, that is not grain free.
That would be really useful info Jennifer.
Thanks

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Cal natural used to be 24 I beleive ... some of the royal canin are lower carb... Anymore I would have to recalc all the % as foods keep IMHO changing for the worse

whiteforest

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by sharky

no not a joke... EVO has what most would call a thick fat layer ( in reality it is different coming agents with a bit of fat ..

instinct has little of a gum/ fat layer on top and is much drier
I do EVO 95% beef and venison with my cats and it's very dry. There's little fat on top and I actually have to add a little water for my guys to like it.

One of my boys gets Wellness beef & salmon flavor (he's picky and spoiled) and that I would consider a very wet food.

To the OP: I used to feed EVO dry and my cats did great on it for almost a year and then they started getting chronic diarrhea. I have had better luck with almost any other grain free dry (Natual Balance Duck/Pea, Taste of the Wild, Wellness Core)

ilovemy2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Cal natural used to be 24 I beleive ... some of the royal canin are lower carb... Anymore I would have to recalc all the % as foods keep IMHO changing for the worse
California Natural is 32%. It's on their website under Nutrient Analysis.

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Originally Posted by ilovemy2cats

California Natural is 32%. It's on their website under Nutrient Analysis.
yeah I checked and thru the most basic of % checkers they are roughly 3% off ... makes ya wonder who is doing the control checks ... I used to be much lower as the fat and fiber were higher as was the protein

ilovemy2cats

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

yeah I checked and thru the most basic of % checkers they are roughly 3% off ... makes ya wonder who is doing the control checks ... I used to be much lower as the fat and fiber were higher as was the protein
I remember when it was lower. I used to work in a pet supply store before I moved. There was a formula change maybe about 1 1/2 years ago.

addiebee

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I bought a can of innova and gavde some to my boys tonight. They really didn't like it. I have half of it left!! And these guys are hearty eaters!!

They have liked Wellness and Evo when I have shared that with them from time to time.

But then they are also crazy about Meow Mix cups!! Blech!

korina

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by littleraven7726

Have you checked California Natural (also made by Natura)? We're trying California Natural Chicken & Rice dry food, it's currently being mixed with what my cats have been eating. So far they like it. I found a store that carries the 15 lb bag for the same price as a 16 lb bag of Iams Healthy Naturals. My senior guy, Nabu, is really picky, and the fact that he likes the chicken & rice AND the herring & sweet potato (sample of that one) says a lot. He pretty much decided the only thing he will eat from the big box stores anymore is Purina, and that leaves Stimpy's coat too dry. He also likes the Chicken Soup and Katz N Flocken samples we got.
Thats good to know, but unless California Natural is cheaper I will avoid as it has grains. I might check out some rice based canns from the, for my canned only cat.

The only reason not to feed Innova Evo or Orijen dry is that they are high in calories. (or slight higher prices)
For my dry eating cat, I give her now a mix of 20lbs Orijen Original, and 15 lbs of Natures Variety Insticnt RABBIT, which has 20% less calories, and she loves the rabbit one, they spray liquid bacon over the kibble

says so on their website.