Injured Nail In The Rear Paw

OwnedByScout

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My neighbor's calico and my boy are buddies. She often comes over to play and I'm not sire what happened today but one of the nails in her rear paw was bleeding. It looked like it was bleeding from the root. The nail has not come off and I put some Interban ointment there. The bleeding has also stopped. She isn't limping but was generally quiet. Is vet attention required right away? Should we wait and watch?

duckpond

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hard call to make. It will all depend on why it was bleeding, and how bad the injury is. I am a bit of a worry wart, so i might take her on in. But i would definitely watch her close, as infection could be a real possibility.

silkenpaw

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would just keep an eye on it. Take her in if the area gets a bright, angry red and is tender or swollen or if there is any pus. Those are signs in infection.

Let us know what happens, please.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

OwnedByScout

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I had emailed my vet a few photos and she asked me to bring her in today. She said that its already healed quite a bit and is infection-free! She said to apply Interban again a couple of times but looks like she will be just fine.