Injured Knee badly

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, though I think based on what I am reading that this is more, as in it fits the description of a meniscus tear, the x-rays show arthritis..in both knees.

This is ridiculous, I am only 51, and now I have issues with my back and knees?

I won't use the word diet, I will say my eating habits are now changing permanently...I can't believe how fast I gained weight since I went off my lower carb way of eating in February. Four years I kept almost 75 lbs off..that has to be all back off and more (yes, I have a lot of weight to lose).

Argh...gnashing teeth, pity party and scared...all of that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

pat

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Thank you, I appreciate that.

sarahp

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I was just thinking about you yesterday wondering how your knee was getting on.

If it makes you feel any better, I have a friend who was hardcore into triathlons and exercise in general, then last year discovered (after she collapsed) she had a fairly rare heart condition called Long QT syndrome (or at least the more rare form of it), then late last year discovered she also had Rheumatoid Arthritis. And she's not even 30.

So this sort of thing can strike down anyone at any time, and doesn't necessarily discriminate against age or health.

All you can do is take control over how you're going to let it affect you.

Be strong, take the help and advice when it's given and stay strong. Take care!

gailc

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When Neil had his knee scoped a couple three years ago there was "arthritis" on his knees (he was in later 40's at the time. The surgeon took a picture so we saw what the arthritis looked like. If the doc recommends having you knee scoped I would recommend it. But the weight isn't helping with the pain lots more of a weight bearing load for the knees to handle.