Injured cat, not sure what to do?

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi Everyone...

The last 2 days there has been this seemingly injured cat outside of our apartment. He limps and meows, but won't let anyone near him...

Now the apartment has strict rules about feeding strays, and other than that- he is driving my cats crazy- I don't know what to do. Anytime I even open the door he hobbles & limps trying to run away- he is a beautiful little calico!!! My heart breaks for him, and I'm not sure what to do. Part of me wants to put a bowl of food and water out, but DH won't hear of it. :(

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't have it in my heart to not help any animal I can help. I would set up a trap with food and try to get this poor cat. It does sound as if she needs someone to help her. If not you, then who will do it?

Last edited:
  • Thread Starter Thread Starter

nebula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well I can't find her today, but I did go ahead and put some food out- I need to get a live trap. The other problem is no transportation, and I definately would not be able to nurse him/her back to health here, we are over our max on pets allowed.

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not sure where you are in Texas, but you might try some rescue groups. I know there are all kinds of "shelters" (some are true shelters, other not so much) but maybe you could get some help once you trap her.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
AW hun, this is a tough one. But I could not turn my back on a cat in need especially one that is coming to the door or near the building. This could be a stray and a very friendly kitty. I know if my Perkin's or Perla got out, they would run from people too. I don't think this is a feral kitty. Pain can make a cat quite confused and disoriented. I think this kitty needs someone to help her (it is a girl, all calico cats are female). I would make some calls and see about getting a trap. Explain to the management of the apartment that this is an injured "pet"..... that needs medical attention. It would be cruel for the management to turn their back on this kitty. See if you can bring this kitty somewhere to receive care. A rescue, foster network, shelter, vet clinic..... you might be surprised at how many people might step up to help you. Thank you for trying and coming on here asking for support. Keep us posted. :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

Last edited: