Injured 3 wk old kitten

amiller6865

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
One of my fathers kittens was attacked by a raccoon, it's tail and the bottom of it's spine was bitten/pulled out. Due to the vet being concerned about the mother pulling the sutures out, she suggested we bottle feed it. My question is, how do I stimulate it to potty since I can't really rub its bottom?

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh I am SO sorry!!!! Poor, poor baby!

Where are the stitches? Can you use a cottonball soaked in warm water to massage her lower abdomen?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amiller6865

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If you were looking at it's rear, the stitches are all around it's anus, in a circle. I've tried the abdomen, so far no luck

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

amiller6865

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
If I knew how to upload a pic on here I would, it didn't just loose it's tail, also a bit of lower spine.

feralvr

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my.... :eek:hno: I am so sorry to hear this. I honestly think if it were me, I would want the kitten in the hospital for a few days after something so serious. The baby might need fluids and the vet techs would be able to watch over the little one. I know that is expensive though, but it sounds so awful and the little one might need round the clock care right now. Mega, mega vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes: