Injectable Vitamin B Complex Dosing Question

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. Usually it is vitamin B12 given either IM or SQ in fluids.
I have given the VitB complex in IV fluids going IV through an IV catheter.
Giving it IM is going to burn allot and your cat may hit the ceiling. The dose I gave my cat when using as a combo in Sun Q fluids with Vit B 12 was Vit B 12 (0.5cc) with Vit B complex (0.25cc) Subcutaneously, dilutedwith Subcutaneous fluids, Lactated Ringers, and it still hurt.
Why don’t you ask your Vet what dose to give.
Also, check the strength of the Vitamin, because if this was ordered online, it may be large animal strength.
It would be best to check with your vet first.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

casportpony

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hi casportpony casportpony !

This is from a reliable website and might help: Injectable Vitamin B Complex.

Note this, though: "Injectable B complex (which is yellow) does sting when injected...."
Thank you, that is helpful.

Hi. Usually it is vitamin B12 given either IM or SQ in fluids.
I have given the VitB complex in IV fluids going IV through an IV catheter.
Giving it IM is going to burn allot and your cat may hit the ceiling. The dose I gave my cat when using as a combo in Sun Q fluids with Vit B 12 was Vit B 12 (0.5cc) with Vit B complex (0.25cc) Subcutaneously, dilutedwith Subcutaneous fluids, Lactated Ringers, and it still hurt.
I did give it with fluids, and it did burn. Poor boy. :(

Why don’t you ask your Vet what dose to give.
Don't get me started, lol. The kitten was taken to an emergency vet and that clinic says I need to ask my regular vet, who hasn't seen the kitten yet, so cannot give advice until they see him, and they are booked for the next two weeks.

Also, check the strength of the Vitamin, because if this was ordered online, it may be large animal strength.
It would be best to check with your vet first.
It's from Tractor Supply and it is the same as this:
Many years ago my vet told me to give one ml of the B complex to a cat that weighed 4 to 5 times weighs, so based on that I decided to give 0.1ml.

I'll be back on the phone today

Last edited: