Ingredients in Cat Attract Litter Additive

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
The product only lists "Ingredients: Natural herbs". Does anyone know what the "Natural Herbs" are in this product? I can't find any info on this online and was hoping someone knew the answer to this. Thanks in advance!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

I'm sure they don't disclose it because that's what makes the litter proprietary.
Yes, but to me ingredients should ALWAYS be listed. How else are you supposed to know if it has something you or your cats are allergic to. I thought the requirement was to list the ingredients, but not necessarily the formulation of those ingredients.

c1atsite

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by tamgirl99

Yes, but to me ingredients should ALWAYS be listed. How else are you supposed to know if it has something you or your cats are allergic to.
Oh, this thread made me realize I never check what's in litter. All I know about CA is that my cats like it a lot but I think it stinks

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by c1atsite

Oh, this thread made me realize I never check what's in litter. All I know about CA is that my cats like it a lot but I think it stinks
When one of your furbabies has irritible bowel disease you check ingredients on EVERYTHING!

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
for kitty. Has your cat been eating litter? If a very young kitten, I'd just keep an eye on him, but if kitty's a little older, it can often be like PICA in kids. For our cat, it meant he had an autoimmune disease similar to feline hemolytic anemia. It required intensive treatment for several years, and ongoing use of steroids likely for the rest of his life.

momofmany

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
E-mail the site. I've sent them questions before and they have always responded to me. They might not tell you exactly what is in it, but if you let them know about your health problems and allergies, they can help.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks. I did email them but thought someone here might already know. My kitty doesn't eat litter at all, but cats clean themselves so whatever they dig around in always gets ingested at some point which is why I always try to be careful. I was just looking into this product and wanted to get the info on it before I purchased some.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Well, I heard back from the company but was only told that it was a "proprietary blend of natural herbs that is non-toxic and doesn't contain catnip". So really no help at all. Oh well.

ldg

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
It's not very dusty, so hopefully the amount your cat(s) ingest from cleaning themselves is very, very small. I doubt it would affect your kitty's IBS, but if you have any concern, then I guess you'd need to try a different litter.

tamgirl99

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by LDG

It's not very dusty, so hopefully the amount your cat(s) ingest from cleaning themselves is very, very small. I doubt it would affect your kitty's IBS, but if you have any concern, then I guess you'd need to try a different litter.
I don't actually use this litter, I was looking at the additive product only. I just bought them a new CatGenie and was looking at this product to see if I could use it to help them adjust to the change. Thanks anyways though!