Info about how wrong it is to declaw?

okie89

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

I sent her a video, it was the first thing I sent her. I told her if she was willing to do that to her cat she should willing to watch it.
Make sure those videos have sound!!!

melissaw

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Declawing makes me sick to my stomach.
Unless there is a medical reason and no other alternative then no cat should ever have to go through with this barbaric procedure.

Being uneducated on how awful declawing is well thats one thing...but knowing full well what it involves and still proceding...thats a cruel and selfish owner and someone who should not be allowed to own an animal

I've never been punctured by my cats except when they needed their nails clipped, and even if I was well guess what, I would gladly take being punctured by my cats when they sat on my lap rather than put them through the pain and anguish of being declawed

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

kscatlady

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
OH GOSH! The kitty is being declawed today, and it's almost causing me physical pain to think about it!! My shoulders are all tense and I'm so mad that this stupid girl is being so selfish! I'm trying not to cry but I feel so bad for the poor kitty that I couldn't convince his idiot owner not to hurt him!

ebrillblaiddes

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Originally Posted by kscatlady

OH GOSH! The kitty is being declawed today, and it's almost causing me physical pain to think about it!! My shoulders are all tense and I'm so mad that this stupid girl is being so selfish! I'm trying not to cry but I feel so bad for the poor kitty that I couldn't convince his idiot owner not to hurt him!
Since it's going to happen anyway, of healing for the poor sweet kitty.

I hope he bites her for doing that to him, though.