Infinity Cat Scratcher Lounge or the Original Scratch Lounge?

chandra09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi all! I'm in the market for a new cardboard scratcher and would like your thoughts. I have two that I'm considering currently. I do want something durable that won't need replacing too soon. I have three kitties and was using the Kong Incline Scratcher but they were a bit rough with it and ended up breaking it.

Have any of you tried the Infinity Cat Scratcher Lounge? (This is a bit of a splurge IMO, so I would like to know if it's worth it first). Link to it:   ...this looks the same as the PetFusion Cat Scratcher Lounge...but $5 cheaper.

OR The Original Scratch Lounge? (Much better price but still a good size and looks durable). Link:
Or any other suggestions? Thanks! :)

Ms. Freya

Advisor
Veteran
Purraise
My guys have a Kong Incline, so I'm just trying to picture the amount of damage they'd have to do to break it.:lol3: I've not tried either og the other two, but I would personally start eith the less expensive one...that way you don't feel as bad if it doesn't last.

laurasorphans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My kitties have one similar to the second one. It is my one cats favorite place to sleep and scratch (I actually have to order another!)
I found some very good priced ones on Revival Animal Health and I believe it was Jeffers Pet- BUT the one that looks like your second one I could not find on those two sites I believe which is why I am holding off on replacing it right away.

Anyway, I know my cat is attracted to the second one to sleep on because of the raised sides and box like appearance, but my other cats also really loved scratching on it as well.

Sometimes it takes some trial and error, so if it were me I probably would try to find a site with really good priced ones and order two different types if they were cheap enough. If not I would start with less expensive at first until I got a hang of what my kitty preferred.

And good idea to order online, many are WAY overpriced in big chain pet stores- I order the regular Kong incline ones for less than half the price I would spend at the pet store for rescues at one of the websites mentioned above. Plus you have a much better selection online.

laurasorphans

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Looking closer the more expensive one you listed DOES have the ability to be turned over it looks like, so will end up lasting you twice as long as the second. Just pointing that out since the one thing that frustrated me about my box-like one is it couldn't be turned over (I'm not sure if the one you listed can or can't).

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
With the Scratch Lounge you can also turn the cardboard pieces so you get double the usage! Lox loves the Scratch Lounge... Best investment for her.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

chandra09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Well they broke it after about 2 years. lol =P Not in like, a week. Then I would have some super strength body builder kitties!

chandra09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That def is a plus about the cardboard pieces being replaceable. Have you had yours for a while? A year or more? Interested to see if the outer cardboard frame itself holds up well.

chandra09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Ah, good point about the box shape of the second one. My cats do love boxes...don't they all? =P I bet they would sleep in it for sure.

pinkman

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My cat is actually sleeping in it right now. Only the floor piece you can buy replacements for- But like I said each piece (the two side pieces and the one floor piece) can be turned over so if one side wears down you have another side to use.

I think I've had mine for 7 months or so. It looks pretty new still, despite it being my cat's primary scratcher.

chandra09

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for that info :) I'm going to go with the scratch lounge then. Seems quite durable and is at a much better price.