Infected Bit

Dmscot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I need advice on how to care for a stray cat that appears to have been bitten by another cat and it looks to be infected it's swollen he looks a bit lathargic he won't let me near him to tend to the wound can I give him some natural remedies in his food to fight the infection

surya

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about natural remedies. Sometimes they heal up on their own. But if it really is infected it could be fatal. You could borrow a trap form a rescue group if your willing to pay the vet bill to get it checked out. If you decide to take it to the vet, you ought to consider getting him fixed. Fixed boys live longer because they calm down and don't go starting fights with other tom cats.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Dmscot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
He will need antibiotics mixed into his food. Can you talk to a vet about him?
I have some antibiotics from a few months ago I don't see puss it is very swallon I thought it was broken at first but I watched him eat on top of my truck thru a window and I can see there maybe puncture wounds shaped like a circle and some scratch on his face I can just tell he is hurting and not feeling well

Dmscot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The antibiotics were mine not sure how much to give I was thinking UD put a little bit at a time he is a larger cat but he looks to be under wight sence he showed up here a few weeks ago he has put wieght on and started grooming but he looks to be 7 to 10 lbs

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It is probably an abscess that will need to drain. Antibiotics will help.

Which ones do you have?

Dmscot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Nytrofuranton 25 mg/5ml

Dmscot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I do have a little left of amoxicillin for a cat used to heal infection she had in her mouth but it's not alot

Dmscot

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Its liquid not sure what strength but its for cats I started giving it in his food I don't have a lot of it I hope it works for him thank u for ur help