indoor/outdoor debate between my friend and I

tavia'smom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I will simply say that I personally would never let my Tavia outside one big reason where I live is we have a large amount of predators. Foxes, Owls, Dogs, Coyotes, Wolves, Hawks, A few bobcats which are known to kill house cats, weasles, snakes, and that's just to name a few along with other animals who aren't predators but are still dangerous to cats because they sometimes compete with them for space, food, and shelter.
We have been feeding a little stray here and he has disappeared on me and he is so sweet I would have brung him inside if my dad had let me. He has been gone for about a week and I worry about him. And I can't imagine what I would do if I lost my precious Tavia.
All of that being said I know some people live in areas where they can allow their cats out and it not be quite so bad but I personally wouldn't do it and considering some of the people in this world I wouldn't trust anyone but my dad with my cat.

catsallover

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapunzel47
...The only reservation I would have about a multi-indoor/outdoor-cat family moving into the neighbourhood would be the question of them working out territory with the existing cats...

Originally Posted by SwampWitch

This would be my concern, also.

Cheers, from
SwampWitch
We have a dog, which helped
. He was (and the new one is) very protective of his cats, and since he went out in the fenced backyard at least a week before the cats even poked their noses out the door on the leash, the neighborhood cats knew not to come in our backyard, and our cats know that if they run back in their yard, it's "base"
. If we do have a really rare cat fight, they all come to the other's rescue (with the dog
). And they try to convince me they only tolerate each other...