Indoor Kitten Nutro vs Kitten regular Nutro //please some help

sanboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
my kitten is about 6 months old ..

for the month or so I was giving her regular KITTEN FRISKIES ... before the vet said to me to make sure i get some " quality " food for her

for the last 2 1/2 months she has been on " indoor " Nutro .. and she never really seems very excited about it ..... i sprinkle some " friskies " on the " indoor " stuff and she eats it

I picked up the " regular " Kitten Nutro today - a small sample bag ... and put it on the floor and she started eating it right away ...

whats the difference between the one and the other ...

she is basically a indoor cat . she goes out on a leash / harnass in the year in the mornings .. but all the other time she is indoor

what am i sacrificing from the indoor to the regular .. ?

sharky

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I like the regular due to the indoor containing some soy..

carm

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Indoor Kitten:
Chicken Meal, Ground Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Plain Beet Pulp, Flaxseed, Brewers Dried Yeast, Natural Flavors, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Rice Flour, Oat Fiber, Menhaden Fish Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of Vitamin E), Dried Vegetable Fiber (Carrots, Celery, Beets, Parsley, Lettuce, Water Cress, Spinach), Tomato Pomace, Potassium Chloride, Soy Protein Concentrate, Cranberry Powder, Choline Chloride, DL-Methionine, Taurine, Dried Egg Product, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Vitamin E Supplement, L-Carnitine, Inositol, Dried Bacillus licheniformis Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus subtilis Fermentation Extract, Dried Chicory Root, Yucca Schidigera Extract, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Manganous Oxide, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Beta-Carotene, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Iodate, Calcium Pantothenate, Vitamin B12 Supplement, Biotin, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid, Sodium Selenite.

Regular Kitten:
Chicken Meal, Ground Rice, Corn Gluten Meal, Poultry Fat (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Dried Beet Pulp, Natural Flavors, Oat Fiber, Sunflower Oil (preserved with mixed Tocopherols, a source of natural Vitamin E), Yeast Culture, Potassium Chloride, Menhaden Fish Oil, Choline Chloride, Dried Egg Product, Taurine, DL-Methionine, Vitamin E Supplement, Zinc Sulfate, Ferrous Sulfate, Inositol, Dried Bacillus Licheniformis Fermentation Extract, Dried Bacillus Subtilis Fermentation Extract, Ascorbic Acid (source of Vitamin C), Chicory Extract, Cranberry Powder, Niacin, Copper Sulfate, Manganous Oxide, Biotin, Riboflavin Supplement (source of Vitamin B2), Calcium Iodate, Vitamin A Supplement, Calcium Pantothenate, Sodium Selenite, Pyridoxine Hydrochloride (source of Vitamin B6), Vitamin B12 Supplement, Thiamine Mononitrate (source of Vitamin B1), Vitamin D3 Supplement, Menadione Sodium Bisulfite Complex (source of Vitamin K activity), Folic Acid.

A lot of the key ingredients seems to be similar between the two formulations. It could be that your kitten just doesn't like the Indoor CC line. If you have any further palatibility issues down the road, you could always try the Max Cat Gourmet Classics (also made by Nutro). There are many delicious flavours for your kitten (or adult cat) to try. My cats have never had any issues with the Nutro Indoor Kitten or Adult food.

meow meow

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I feed both the Nutro Complete Care Kitten and the Nutro Max Cat Kitten dry -- I usually alternate (buy a bag of one, finish it and buy the other next time) depending on what coupon I happen to have.

The indoor formula is supposed to reduce shedding and I do notice the kibble are smaller. My cat will eat either.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sanboy

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
anyone else

i really was hoping to stick with the indoor because of the noticable difference in the " smell " after potty time ..

naturestee

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I'd stick with what she'll actually eat. If you have to mix "junk food" in with it to get her to eat it then it's really not that great for her. Especially since you know what she will eat.